Are my ER4's damaged?
Apr 23, 2007 at 6:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Sinsen

100+ Head-Fier
Hi.

I just received my ER4-S's, great phones, but as you can see on the picture below the left phone seems to have some sort of build flaw.

So, how bad is this? Will it get worse, or is it no big deal?

The sound is good in both phones, and the left part seems sturdy even though it is bent...

er4.jpg

(edit: should be ER4-S, not P)

Apr 23, 2007 at 6:56 AM Post #3 of 16
Yes, I bought them new from provantage.com, but, living in Norway I was hoping that it would not be necessary to return them... but, if this is not a known flaw I guess it's better to return them.

I would need to return them to the dealer, right? Or would Etymotic accept them and send me a new pair?

Apr 23, 2007 at 7:05 AM Post #4 of 16
Those certainly look like they are flawed, at least structurally. I would return them as it may impact durability.

I think either way is OK, as long as you have a receipt.

Apr 23, 2007 at 10:51 AM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinsen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi.

I just received my ER4-P's, great phones, but as you can see on the picture below the left phone seems to have some sort of build flaw.

So, how bad is this? Will it get worse, or is it no big deal?

The sound is good in both phones, and the left part seems sturdy even though it is bent...

er4.jpg

Send them ASAP, that's a manufacturing flaw. ETYMOTIC will replace them on the spot even if it's out of Warranty period

Apr 23, 2007 at 2:09 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Send them ASAP, that's a manufacturing flaw. ETYMOTIC will replace them on the spot even if it's out of Warranty period

I'll do that. Is it better to take this directly with Etymotic, or should I contact Provantage?

Apr 23, 2007 at 4:27 PM Post #8 of 16
Why don't you send a mail to both? First option may be the dealer, as they may have replacment stock available? In any case, Etymotic is quite responsive.

Apr 23, 2007 at 6:37 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by crypt@ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why don't you send a mail to both? First option may be the dealer, as they may have replacment stock available? In any case, Etymotic is quite responsive.

I just contacted Etymotic, and got a response, basically it went like this:

Me: Hey, my ER4's are bent.
Etymotic: Oh, that's bad, send them in and we will fix it.
Me: yay

Great service, they did not even ask how or where I bought them.

Apr 23, 2007 at 7:45 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Miester_V /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm...I thought they started selling the all black ones, unless you request that you wanted the older red/blue ones...?

They are all black now, but I bet Provantage has new old stock.

Apr 23, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are all black now, but I bet Provantage has new old stock.

Sorry, wrong info in first post, should be ER4-S. I think those still only come in red/blue...

Apr 23, 2007 at 8:26 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinsen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, wrong info in first post, should be ER4-S. I think those still only come in red/blue...

Correct, ER-4S is still red and blue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back