Are Minidisc players good for exercising?
Apr 3, 2004 at 6:54 PM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by Superbaldguy
Contrary to what people think, the MZ-S1 is not huge, by any means. It's actually rather compact, but, by comparing to an MZ-E10, it is big.

I would advise against putting it in a dryer, though.
biggrin.gif

Oh man, it's HUGE!

Apr 3, 2004 at 8:13 PM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by D-EJ915
It's essentially the same size as a Rio Karma, I think it's slightly thicker at the clamp though.

Really? I thought the Karma was smaller than that. Hmmm you learn something new everyday.

Apr 3, 2004 at 9:13 PM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

It's essentially the same size as a Rio Karma, I think it's slightly thicker at the clamp though.

The Karma is noticeably smaller in length and width. Thickness may be comparable though, but the Karma is still much lower in volume.

And this is comparing the Karma to a R500, which is still smaller than a S1. How did you make that assumption?

Apr 4, 2004 at 4:34 AM Post #22 of 26
I just call things big and small depending on what they're supposed to hold... I mean... a minidisc ain't that big...

And whats with the egg white with orange spots on it? Looks...kinda... funky... (or is the rubber for shock protection?)

Apr 4, 2004 at 10:49 PM Post #23 of 26
The S1's enhanced size makes it easy to hold and manipulate the little joystick controller. It's a good, bag-around unit and doesn't need a case.

Apr 6, 2004 at 3:01 AM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

I went to Best Buy and the Karma is a whole lot smaller...oops...haha.

the floppy disc comment wasn't mine...but...it's as tall as 8 MDs at the highest poing (when laying flat), and a little over 5 at the thinnest.

I think that compared to many other MD units, that IS quite large,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back