Are logitech Z333 good? and a few more questions
Aug 6, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #16 of 19
Hi, I am really close to buying the monitor with the Z333 but I have some more questions now after thinking how I will set up the speakers in my room:
1. what cable is used for connecting the speakers to the woofer, normal RCA i guess? (I will probably need an extender, 1.5m is not enough for me) will 2Xmale to 2Xfemale RCA work for me?
2. if I will put the subwoofer not in front of me below the desk, but on my right will it work the same as in front of me?
Thanks in advace!

Aug 6, 2017 at 11:51 PM Post #17 of 19
1. what cable is used for connecting the speakers to the woofer? (I will probably need an extender, 1.5m is not enough for me).

I can't see in the photos - combo sets like these vary. usually the amp for all three drivers are on the plate amp mounted on the sub, but the wiring can be different - cables running from volume control to amp to speakers, cables running from amp to volume control to speakers, connectors typically 3.5mm, but in the photos there's an unexplained pair of RCA outputs that might be for sending the amplifier's 2.0 output to the satellites. Unconventional, but if it simplifies things as far as Logitech is concerned, it's not impossible they'd do it that way.

2. if I will put the subwoofer not in front of me below the desk, but on my right will it work the same as in front of me?

It really depends on acoustic issues. Sometimes the desk might interfere and pull the image down, sometimes it doesn't.

Aug 7, 2017 at 8:06 AM Post #18 of 19
I can't see in the photos - combo sets like these vary. usually the amp for all three drivers are on the plate amp mounted on the sub, but the wiring can be different - cables running from volume control to amp to speakers, cables running from amp to volume control to speakers, connectors typically 3.5mm, but in the photos there's an unexplained pair of RCA outputs that might be for sending the amplifier's 2.0 output to the satellites. Unconventional, but if it simplifies things as far as Logitech is concerned, it's not impossible they'd do it that way.

It really depends on acoustic issues. Sometimes the desk might interfere and pull the image down, sometimes it doesn't.
about the first awnser, so should I just go to the store I'm buying the monitor and the speakers from and ask them what cables they are using for that?
and about the second question, I'm not sure if you understood, I meant that instead of what I was planning (putting the sub below my desk in front of me), I will put the sub from my right side next to a wall, If you want I can send a picture so it will be easier to understand.

Aug 7, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #19 of 19
about the first awnser, so should I just go to the store I'm buying the monitor and the speakers from and ask them what cables they are using for that?

Yes. Pictures online aren't showing me everything on it.

and about the second question, I'm not sure if you understood, I meant that instead of what I was planning (putting the sub below my desk in front of me), I will put the sub from my right side next to a wall, If you want I can send a picture so it will be easier to understand.

I meant that either way it can work well enough or it can mess up. One of them will be too far below with some pieces of wood between it and the monitors, which can pull the image down. You put it far out to the right (or left), beyond where the right (or left) speaker is, and you start pulling the bass image to the right (or left). In other words, not having it somewhere between and close to the height of the two main speakers with no obstructions will always be some kind of compromise as to what kind of problem you are likely going to deal with. Putting it in the center isn't without its compromise, ie, space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back