Are logitech Z333 good? and a few more questions
Jul 31, 2017 at 8:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

nadavs2310

New Head-Fier
Hi!
Soon I will be buying a gaming monitor and I will also use it as a TV and it does not include speakers so I will buy external ones and I have a few questions:
1. Are the logitech z333 good? They look nice and I heard they are good (I really want the speakers to look nice)
2. does the Z333 have aux connection except the aux port on the volume wheel? I see that people are saying that there is but I didn't find it in pictures
3. are the Z333 selfed amped?
4. If i connect the speakers straight to the 3.5mm connection on the monitor I will buy will the speakers work for every thing the monitor is connected to? (A digital TV convertor box and my PC)
5. can the z333 connect to a digital TV convertor box through RCA? will it work?
6. can I connect the Z333 to 2 audio sources at the same time (But not use them for both sources at the same time), I just don't want to dissconect and connect again every time I switch to tv.

Thanks in advace :)

Aug 1, 2017 at 6:11 AM Post #2 of 19
1. Are the logitech z333 good? They look nice and I heard they are good (I really want the speakers to look nice)

I haven't heard it but I wouldn't doubt it, if at least for the money. Used to be they'd have smaller drivers in smaller cabinets for the L and R speakers. Still too small for my tastes that I'm much more inclined to have them as a 2.0 set for casual listening (ie the sub's too large for me I'd much rather have larger monitors) but otherwise if you have somewhere to put the sub it seems like something good to try out.

2. does the Z333 have aux connection except the aux port on the volume wheel? I see that people are saying that there is but I didn't find it in pictures

It has an RCA input on the subwoofer module. It's right there on the photos in the product page.

What isn't is where its 3.5mm aux input is - it says it has one but all I see is a 3.5mm headphone output on the volume knob module. Most likely on the opposite side.

3. are the Z333 selfed amped?

Yes

4. If i connect the speakers straight to the 3.5mm connection on the monitor I will buy will the speakers work for every thing the monitor is connected to? (A digital TV convertor box and my PC)

Most likely but if anything you need to check with the monitor manufacturer to make sure that all inputs are routed there. For example if you use HDMI out of the converter box that sends out digital audio, and the monitor might not even have a DAC to send it out via 3.5mm analogue.

5. can the z333 connect to a digital TV convertor box through RCA? will it work?

Yes

6. can I connect the Z333 to 2 audio sources at the same time (But not use them for both sources at the same time), I just don't want to disconnect and connect again every time I switch to tv.

Yes - one via 3.5mm and another via RCA.

Aug 1, 2017 at 6:35 AM Post #3 of 19
I haven't heard it but I wouldn't doubt it, if at least for the money. Used to be they'd have smaller drivers in smaller cabinets for the L and R speakers. Still too small for my tastes that I'm much more inclined to have them as a 2.0 set for casual listening (ie the sub's too large for me I'd much rather have larger monitors) but otherwise if you have somewhere to put the sub it seems like something good to try out.

It has an RCA input on the subwoofer module. It's right there on the photos in the product page.

What isn't is where its 3.5mm aux input is - it says it has one but all I see is a 3.5mm headphone output on the volume knob module. Most likely on the opposite side.

Yes

Most likely but if anything you need to check with the monitor manufacturer to make sure that all inputs are routed there. For example if you use HDMI out of the converter box that sends out digital audio, and the monitor might not even have a DAC to send it out via 3.5mm analogue.

Yes

Yes - one via 3.5mm and another via RCA.
thank you so much for the awnser :)
I do know that it is better to put the sub on the ground, If I will put it below my desk against the wall will the sub work well? cause if it will I do Have a place to put the sub, otherwise I do not have a place to put the sub, do you know any other good speakers for about that price (I really prefer if they look nice)? I will use them mainly for causal tv and moview and youtube videos and abit of gaming, I will use them only when there will be someone with me on the pc, when I'm alone I'm using my HD598 (I love them <3).
so if I will be able to use them for both PC and TV and connect them to 2 audio sources at the same time and they are at least okay so I think they are good speakers for me.

So I have only those 3 questions left:
1. is there a better cheap nice looking set of speakers that can connect to both TV and PC at the same time and is self amped? (3.5mm and rca is needed)

2. will sub work well below the desk against the wall?

3. and I am probably wrong but isn't RCA input a connection for connecting speakers? is that like a port on the back of the z333 to connect speakers? (I just don't know anything about speakers, sorry ): )

and last thing, you talked about that the monitor maybe doesn't have a DAC, when I contacted samsung and asked them about connecting the speakers to the monitor they told me that I can: "connect the self amped speakers", which means in other words that the monitor can not amp speakers, that's why I asked if the speakers are selfed amped, does that mean anything about connecting speakers to the monitor?

and again, Thank you so much for the help, I really appriciate it :)

Aug 1, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #4 of 19
totherwise I do not have a place to put the sub, do you know any other good speakers for about that price (I really prefer if they look nice)? I will use them mainly for causal tv and moview and youtube videos and abit of gaming, I will use them only when there will be someone with me on the pc, when I'm alone I'm using my HD598 (I love them <3).

Depends on how much you want to have a subwoofer. Otherwise, there's the Edifier R1700BT.

1. is there a better cheap nice looking set of speakers that can connect to both TV and PC at the same time and is self amped? (3.5mm and rca is needed)

Not that I know of, some of them tend to have only one analogue input. In the case of the R1700BT, it also has Bluetooth.

2. will sub work well below the desk against the wall?

That can boost the response and often by too much, but you can see if turning down the gain on the sub amp on the 2.1 speakers will help.

Still likely better than putting it on the floor far from the satellites, since satellites this small have the paired sub cut a lot higher to compensate for their small midwoofers.

3. and I am probably wrong but isn't RCA input a connection for connecting speakers? is that like a port on the back of the z333 to connect speakers? (I just don't know anything about speakers, sorry ): )

RCA is normally for line level signals. The Z333 has two sets - one for line level input, and they have what looks like another pair for "output." I am not sure if the satellites connect there and this is just a convenient way of using a coaxial cable or if it's a bypass line level output to some other kind of amplifier. Some manufacturers do it that way, others have the cables running from the 2.1 amp on the sub module to the control module and then to the speakers. Without seeing the manual or the speakers themselves I can't be sure, all I see on the product page are two sets of RCA sockets.

and last thing, you talked about that the monitor maybe doesn't have a DAC, when I contacted samsung and asked them about connecting the speakers to the monitor they told me that I can: "connect the self amped speakers", which means in other words that the monitor can not amp speakers, that's why I asked if the speakers are selfed amped, does that mean anything about connecting speakers to the monitor?

A DAC is a Digital to Analogue Converter. The reason why I brought that up if you read it again, is because if you connected the cable box to the monitor using HDMI and you are sending audio from the cable box to the monitor via HDMI1.4 or higher spec, then the cable box will transmit digital audio. Without a DAC the monitor can't send out the audio, and probably not even accept digital audio via HDMI. The output is there for when you connect a source to send analogue video and audio into the monitor and then hook up the powered speakers to the monitor, which will send the analogue signal down there.

Aug 1, 2017 at 8:18 AM Post #5 of 19
Depends on how much you want to have a subwoofer. Otherwise, there's the Edifier R1700BT.

Not that I know of, some of them tend to have only one analogue input. In the case of the R1700BT, it also has Bluetooth.

That can boost the response and often by too much, but you can see if turning down the gain on the sub amp on the 2.1 speakers will help.

Still likely better than putting it on the floor far from the satellites, since satellites this small have the paired sub cut a lot higher to compensate for their small midwoofers.

RCA is normally for line level signals. The Z333 has two sets - one for line level input, and they have what looks like another pair for "output." I am not sure if the satellites connect there and this is just a convenient way of using a coaxial cable or if it's a bypass line level output to some other kind of amplifier. Some manufacturers do it that way, others have the cables running from the 2.1 amp on the sub module to the control module and then to the speakers. Without seeing the manual or the speakers themselves I can't be sure, all I see on the product page are two sets of RCA sockets.

A DAC is a Digital to Analogue Converter. The reason why I brought that up if you read it again, is because if you connected the cable box to the monitor using HDMI and you are sending audio from the cable box to the monitor via HDMI1.4 or higher spec, then the cable box will transmit digital audio. Without a DAC the monitor can't send out the audio, and probably not even accept digital audio via HDMI. The output is there for when you connect a source to send analogue video and audio into the monitor and then hook up the powered speakers to the monitor, which will send the analogue signal down there.
Can you maybe explain to me the bottum line of your last awnser? Because I don't know pretty much anything anout speakers and not alot about sounds and those things and added to that I'm not that good of an english speakears, from what I understood by your last awnser I will need a dac to use the speakers for the tv?

Aug 1, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #6 of 19
Can you maybe explain to me the bottum line of your last awnser? Because I don't know pretty much anything anout speakers and not alot about sounds and those things and added to that I'm not that good of an english speakears, from what I understood by your last awnser I will need a dac to use the speakers for the tv?

I'm saying that if you connected the cable box to the monitor using HDMI the 3.5mm output from the monitor to the speakers might not work. Try it if the cable box has HDMI but I'd re-evaluate plans on how to hook up the system if the cable box only has HDMI and no RCA output.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #7 of 19
I'm saying that if you connected the cable box to the monitor using HDMI the 3.5mm output from the monitor to the speakers might not work. Try it if the cable box has HDMI but I'd re-evaluate plans on how to hook up the system if the cable box only has HDMI and no RCA output.
Mmm, if it says something right now im connecting a tv and pc monitor (like a hybrid one) with built in speakers to the box and its working well, the box has RCA connection and of course also HDMI, Is there any way I can check if it will work with the speakers or do I have to take the risk?

Aug 1, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #8 of 19
Mmm, if it says something right now im connecting a tv and pc monitor (like a hybrid one) with built in speakers to the box and its working well, the box has RCA connection and of course also HDMI, Is there any way I can check if it will work with the speakers or do I have to take the risk?

Connect the cable box to the monitor via HDMI then hook up earphones to the 3.5mm output (do not wear them, it might be too loud). If sound comes out, then it can work.

Aug 1, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #9 of 19
What 3.5mm output? if you mean the monitor: I does not have it yet, I just want to check before I buy it if I will be able to use it as a TV and use speakers with it.
I did connect earphones to my current hybrid monitor and switched to tv and it worked and it also worked with my PC, but of course it is my hybrid monitor and it will not be for sure like the monitor I want to buy

Aug 1, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #10 of 19
What 3.5mm output? if you mean the monitor: I does not have it yet, I just want to check before I buy it if I will be able to use it as a TV and use speakers with it.

The Aux port on the monitor you're looking to buy. What I'm saying is that if you're totally thinking of hooking it up as cable box >HDMI> Monitor >analogue out> speakers, there might be a hitch with that. So be prepared for some kind of alternative, like using RCA output from the cable box to the monitor.

Aug 1, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #11 of 19
The Aux port on the monitor you're looking to buy. What I'm saying is that if you're totally thinking of hooking it up as cable box >HDMI> Monitor >analogue out> speakers, there might be a hitch with that. So be prepared for some kind of alternative, like using RCA output from the cable box to the monitor.
I understand,
So should it work if I connect both of the speakers to the sub and than the sub with RCA to the cable box and with 3.5mm to the PC (atleast i think thats what I need to do for the speakers to work)? this will be my alternative if it won't work,

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:22 AM Post #13 of 19
I understand,
So should it work if I connect both of the speakers to the sub and than the sub with RCA to the cable box and with 3.5mm to the PC (atleast i think thats what I need to do for the speakers to work)? this will be my alternative if it won't work,
Spend a bit more and get the Z623. It has one input on the woofer and one input on the satellite. It switches seamless without any issues.
I have the same setup, that you're looking for.

Aug 4, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #14 of 19
I understand, thank you for the help.
Spend a bit more and get the Z623. It has one input on the woofer and one input on the satellite. It switches seamless without any issues.
I can't I just want it for causal use, I just want something that looks nice and works but it costs 200$ in my country while the z333 costs about 90$.

Aug 6, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #15 of 19
Hi, I am really close to buying the monitor with the Z333 but I have some more questions now after thinking how I will set up the speakers in my room:
1. what cable is used for connecting the speakers to the woofer? (I will probably need an extender, 1.5m is not enough for me).
2. if I will put the subwoofer not in front of me below the desk, but on my right will it work the same as in front of me?
Thanks in advace!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back