Are Koss ProDJ 200 still worth it in 2021, for 40 USD?
May 12, 2021 at 10:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Sarita Coshaa

New Head-Fier
I have a pair of very worn ProDJ100s, the coiled cable started to peel to the point where I had to replace it with a radioshack 3.5mm cable that I "soldered" to the driver, and also the earpads are completely gone, broken, they fell off so I can't even use them now.

So, I'm gonna send them to koss for the lifetime warranty, which would cost me 30 USD in shipping (I'm not american) and 9 USD in the check you have to include. They said they no longer make the 100 so they'll sent me the 200, which is nice.

Well actually I'm not sure if they make you pay the 9 dollars if you are outside of the US since the Customer Support mail I received did mention they would not require payment and that they would ship it back to my country for free, so if anyone has this information please do let me know. Still, let's say I have to pay.

Ok, now to the point.

Is worth to spend 30-40 dollars for the ProDJ 200?

As in, I know the ProDJ 100 were very popular back in the day, but if as of today there are any headphones that produce a better sound and would cost me around 40 dollars, then I'd rather get those.

I know the Samsons SR850 costs around the same money and I've heard they're very good, but again, I don't know if they are better than the ProDJ200 which retail for 130 dollars, even though the ProDJ 100 retailed for 60 back in the day and I'll assume the sound quality is the same.

Btw, I like to listen mainly to Pop (J-Pop too if this distintion makes any difference to your criteria), Jazz, Acid Jazz, a tad of Hard Rock and Classic Rock. Overall I don't want a warm sound signature, rather, bright vocals.

So, any advice? Thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back