Are headsets with invisible/hidden/boomless mic rare??
Apr 7, 2015 at 4:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bladefd

500+ Head-Fier
Hello.

I was wondering if there are headsets like the Turtle Beach i30 w/ boomless mic? I saw Sony PS Gold, Turtle Beach i60, Sony Pulse Elite  .. I am bit iffy about build quality of the Sony ones.. What else is out there?

You might ask why I want invisible mic.. Well, I will be using it for long periods.. 7-8 hours a day minimum so I prefer mics that are not in your face. I get irritated by in-your-face mics that I have had over the years. I made a thread in different section for lapel mics, but I think headset might be better option instead of putting on multiple different things

Things I consider:
-Budget is up to $300
-decent mic on it for noisy places
-must be comfortable
-Either wired or wireless is fine.. If it's wireless, I am hoping for minimum of 8 hours of battery before recharge
-I prefer open. I like to hear my voice when I talk so I don't end up shouting like a madman while gaming or doing some work. I also don't want my ears all sweaty from lack of air

Personally, if I am spending this much money, I prefer wireless. I am coming from old-styled DT880 that I bought used many years ago and been using since.. I still have it so I can still use it.

Thanks!

Apr 19, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #2 of 3
After much research,

I brought my list down to 3 headsets.. These are not open back, but I contacted all 3 companies.. they said you can still hear some background sounds because it is not complete sealing.. I am not going to use active noise cancelling on BackBeat Pros

In no specific order..:

-Turtle Beach i60
-Plantronics BackBeat Pros
-Koss BT540i
-Samsung Level Over-Ear

Any suggestions from these 3? Any eliminations?

Feel free to recommend something else too..

Apr 21, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #3 of 3
The Jabra Revo Wireless also has a "hidden" mic in one of the cups, if i remember correctly.
It can be used with a computer both wired and wireless.

I love the design, but they're a bit too small for my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back