are Grados for me?
Sep 28, 2006 at 6:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

camille

1000+ Head-Fier
from what i read, that most Grados are more tailored to rock music...are they the best for female vocal, acoustic/soft pop? cuz i forsee a pair of Grados in the near future...thanks muchly!

Sep 28, 2006 at 6:13 AM Post #2 of 8
Depends on what youre after. If you want an intimate sound... thats more in your head, then it might be your ticket. do you want more kick bass impact and more forward vocals and solo instruments that jump into your head? if so... then the grado sound is for you.

But ultimately you'll have to be the judge.

FYI... IMHO the HF1 and MS1 are the easiest Grados to like, warm, groovy. The least aggressive of the bunch. Followed by the SR60, RS2, SR225 and RS1.

If you get them from Todd or Tyll you can return them within 30 days.

Sep 28, 2006 at 6:28 AM Post #3 of 8
well if there is such a thing, for clearer mids and highs that are not overpowered by the bass. i'm so used to the sound coming out of my eggos, and although i really enjoi it, i wonder if a Grado can do the same but much better.

since i'd be ordering from Canada and on the topic of Grados, i can't really order from Todd or Tyll, can I?

Sep 28, 2006 at 7:08 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by camille
well if there is such a thing, for clearer mids and highs that are not overpowered by the bass. i'm so used to the sound coming out of my eggos, and although i really enjoi it, i wonder if a Grado can do the same but much better.

since i'd be ordering from Canada and on the topic of Grados, i can't really order from Todd or Tyll, can I?

Oh.. I didn't realize youre in canada... Hmm I really dont know. We all know how $$$ grados are outside the US and yes there may be policies that are different for those customers outside the US...???

try contacting them directly.

Sep 28, 2006 at 8:06 AM Post #5 of 8
For acoustic guitar and female vocals, I imagine the DT880's will be the ticket. I honestly cannot begin to explain how good female vocals sound on these headphones, but that was sorta expected. Good acoustic guitar recordings absolutely blindsided me with these 880's, beyond breathtaking.

Sep 28, 2006 at 8:17 AM Post #6 of 8
thx Kramer, i might contact them directly, but i doubt they'll ship grados internationally. wouldn't hurt though.

then again, i can always wait till someone sells their HF-1...
wink.gif

i was also pondering the idea of DT880s as well. (isn't there 2 versions? 80 and 250ohm?) will either drive well with an LD2+?

Sep 28, 2006 at 9:11 AM Post #7 of 8
i think the woman in your avatar would tell you that you already have better headphones for what you want.

unless you want the headstage right upfront and jammed down your earholes. before you guys yell at me, i like grados very much. for rock.

if you still want grados, wait for some used hf-1's. those are good ones for what you want. getting new grado anything outside of the usa poses a problem. of course i would recomend the gs1000 as really good for that(being very different than the other grados). in canada i'd imagine those are the price of a new toyota.

music_man

Sep 28, 2006 at 10:51 AM Post #8 of 8
MS2i might be another one to consider if HF-1 is in your price range. Plus you can order easily, directly from Alessandro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back