Are fake earphones priced much lower than real ones? How about Monster Turbine Pros?
Feb 7, 2011 at 11:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

yliu

500+ Head-Fier
I'm planning to get a Monster Turbine Gold, but the only authorized Monster reseller doesn't have the Pro series. I've looked around on the internet, and I found an online store where the Pro Golds goes for 350USD (converted).
So I'm worried if those are fake, and I don't wanna pay 350 dollar for a fake pair of headphones, but seeing that all fake Turbines sell for an insanely low price and this one is over MRSP there could be a chance that they are real ones.

The authorized store sell the normal Turbines for 250 USD, so imagine how much the pros would cost if they have it. 
confused_face_2.gif

Feb 7, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #2 of 4
Cut out the hassle. Buy from an authorised dealer only or choose a different pair of earphones.

I have just went through the two week hassle with eBay to get my money back on a pair of Monster Turbine earphones, contacting Monster to prove that they are fakes, having the seller be verbally abusive over the internet etc.

For me, it just wasn't worth it and will definitely be paying more close attention to gut feeling/internet groups like Head-Fi when I'm making a purchase of this type.

Feb 8, 2011 at 10:11 AM Post #3 of 4
Does your reseller atleast carry the Miles Davis Tribute? I feel $350 is a bit much for just the golds (they can normally be had for about $180 in the US). You should see if your retailer is willing to go down on price. A lot of the private, or small companies around here have to advertise retail so they do not "devalue" the brand. Although they usually welcome negotiations, since it is part of a conditional sale.

If you dont mind me asking, which country are you from?

Feb 8, 2011 at 11:30 AM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
Does your reseller atleast carry the Miles Davis Tribute? I feel $350 is a bit much for just the golds (they can normally be had for about $180 in the US). You should see if your retailer is willing to go down on price. A lot of the private, or small companies around here have to advertise retail so they do not "devalue" the brand. Although they usually welcome negotiations, since it is part of a conditional sale.

If you dont mind me asking, which country are you from?

Hungary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back