Are dacs so good now that even the cheaper ones are 98% as good as the uber expensive ones?
Jan 3, 2021 at 6:09 PM Post #61 of 62
i am not making a certain model, I mostly rigorously modify stuff. With the TDA1543 it is pretty simple to make a dac. And without any filtering it sounds just great. It measures awful when you use high frequency close to 0dB tones, but those do not occur in music. Nor do block tones. With music it sounds musical, natural, balanced and clean.

Thank you. I'll look into the available diy options. I'm also finding myself interested in the tda1387 dac that sells for about 40$. 😁 Seems to be pretty good for the price.

Jan 5, 2021 at 6:25 PM Post #62 of 62
just have a look at how the output stage is set up.

I just came back from visiting a friend, customer from the goodwill store I sort vinyl for, and brought an almost complete set of server, 2 dacs, amplifier and turntable setup gear with me in my rucksack. He was using just HP-out of his tv to a good Yamaha receiver to vintage Rauna concrete speakers (from Sweden). We tried my TDA1543 and a es9038q2m. Similarly priced a bit over €100. What a difference a day makes! I mean dac... Really big improvement.

He chose the es9038 for its versatility but he liked the sound of my NOS DAC better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back