Are custom earphones better for yours ear than the universal ones?
Dec 19, 2011 at 12:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Kejd

New Head-Fier
Are they better for protecting your ears?

I started to hear some tinnitus starting a few weeks ago and i dont even listen to music a lot. (maybe 2-4 hours a day in VERY low volume.) I mainly use canal earphones during transit and some heaphones for indoor use. The Westone 3 that i am using does not really isolate much so i am considering custom earphones now. I know that custom earphones isolate a lot more so it would be better in very noisy environment but would it be really better for my ears? They seem to go a lot deeper in your ears and put a lot more pressure on your eardrum since isolation is crazy. Also, it seems to make a lot more contact with the surface of ear canal which does not sound good to me.

Let me have some advice!

Dec 19, 2011 at 11:21 AM Post #3 of 3
There could be many causes of tinnitus...  The common one is loud music.  Most people don't even realize how loud their music actually is playing.  Remember, anything over 50% volume (~90dB with most headphones) isn't recommended for over 4 hours daily.  However, 85dB is where actual damage occurs.  Other causes of tinnitus can be ear wax buildup which can cause weird anomalies in your ears.

Customs will not fix either of these... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back