Are cheap bluetooth earphones worth it?
Nov 4, 2016 at 9:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

MusicFi

Head-Fier
I have a cheap smartphone and the audio coming out of the 3.5mm jack is pretty rubbish, lots of static. I am planning to buy a cheap bluetooth earphone like the ones below to bypass the dac of my smartphone and rely on the earphones for quality. Is this a good idea? Do cheap bluetooth earphones sound okay?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/PLEXTONE-BX240-Wireless-Bluetooth-Earphone-IPX5-Waterproof-Sport-Headset-Stereo-Headsets-With-Mic-for-Samsung-HTC/32674334979.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Moxpad-X90-Bluetooth-Headset-Dual-Dynamic-Drivers-Wireless-Earphone-Sport-Running-Earbuds-With-Mic-for-iPhone/639551_32759972989.html

Nov 4, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #4 of 8
Looks like it has decent specs. In most cases, wired headphones will sound better than bluetooth. I have used my Galaxy S4 with the same headphones wired and through a Bluetooth adapter. Both are good enough to tell the poorly recorded or encoded music files from the good ones but wired should sound better. I suppose it's possible that your phone may be an exception.

That being said, there are some very good Bluetooth headphones. I found my way here because I am looking for Bluetooth headphones recommendations too. I'm not familiar with the ones you listed above so I can't help there. What wired headphones have you tried? Are you sure you don't have any equalizer settings that would degrade the sound quality?

Nov 5, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #5 of 8
Do you mind telling us what kind of phone you're using? If you're phone is actually half decent, then getting cheap wireless earphones might not really sound much better than wired earphones from the phone directly. I guess this can be a little confusing because at this point, we're not sure whether the sound quality will be an improvement by using wireless or not so it's hard to determine whether you should spend more and get wireless earphones that are actually good and hope that your 3.5mm jack is actually a problem, OR getting cheap wireless earphones and not hearing much of a quality difference and debating whether they actually solved your problem or not. If I were you, I would do 2 things, ask friends to see if any of them have wireless earphones to try, then whether I do get to try any or not, I would probably opt to go with middle budget earphones like 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones and be on the safe side where I will probably have some sound improvement regardless, but not spend too much either.

Jun 13, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #8 of 8
Here are some specs I think cheap Bluetooth earphones are definitely worth it. Battery life: 6-8 hours, stable Bluetooth connection, high quality drivers and Qualcomm Bluetooth chip. Most of them cost less than $50 but their sound is identical to $100, I think. The last thing is about their design, which isn't bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back