Are CD cases too weak ?
May 14, 2007 at 9:34 AM Post #31 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus Short /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The two poll questions seem blatantly worded to get you the poll results you want.

That's why I worded them so blatantly, it's pretty obvious what my opinion is and in putting down the poll options I wanted it to be a little more interesting than a simple yes or no. Would you rather I used more subtle wording that some people may not pick up on, yet is still biased towards my own conclusions ?
tongue.gif

I don't really 'want' answers either way, this was just a vent, experience sharing and suggestion gathering exercise. I don't get a trip to the Bahamas if 100 people vote yes.
biggrin.gif

Another casualty from a vacation and I'm looking at buying some new cases, I'll see about some of these stronger cases.

May 14, 2007 at 11:37 AM Post #32 of 38
CD cases are fine, if you're breaking them then you're being too rough. They are a damn site tougher than LP sleeves and dont even get me started on those damn digipacks. Cant stand them, they get torn to shreds in most CD racks. If you break a CD case, pack of 10 new ones for like a penny. You tear an LP sleeve or digipack? Well, erm, you're stuck.

Although as Humph said "Harry Houdini's son inherited all his fathers secrets and went on to invent the CD case."

May 14, 2007 at 11:50 AM Post #33 of 38
I believe the expression is sacrificial protection...

May 14, 2007 at 12:28 PM Post #34 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by lini /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but I really hate it when the hub spider breaks.

Those little 'pixies teeth'?

May 14, 2007 at 12:57 PM Post #35 of 38
I just want cases that come withteh centre thing either still in place to hol dthe CD, even after removing th edisc a few times. I hate, hate, hate when I get a new disc and the CD falls onto the floor when I open the case and the centre thing (does it have a name) doesn't hold the disk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back