Are bose speakers that bad?
Oct 19, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #31 of 33
Just FYI, foam surrounds are light weight and perfect for some woofer designs. The older AR/Teledyne stuff comes to mind. Yes, the surrounds may rot after 15-20 years, but to date, no other material has the same properties...and can be easily replaced. Bose was never a high-end company, but not the worst either. On par with some Panasonic or Emerson gear, maybe even better.

Oct 19, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #32 of 33
My father has a set of Bose speakers he purchased about 30 years ago (no idea on the model or what he paid). IMO they sound pretty good

Oct 19, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #33 of 33
I am new to head-fi and I heard some Bose speakers (I don't know the model) yesterday in a friend's house. It just makes me wonder how the sound would be classified. What is the sound signature of their speakers, in general? I am trying to get better at describing what I hear so I can better identify what I'm looking for. Thanks.

It doesn't really count, but I own a SoundLink Mini II. Sound is trash, but I don't really care as much about quality when I'm golfing as I do about how loud it is.

By the way, this thread is from 9 years ago. Let dead threads RIP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back