Are Bose SoundDocks (and 2) in the same...um, class, with its headphones?
Jun 16, 2009 at 10:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Banned at his own request
Are they worth it? Overpriced? I saw some similar models costing 1/3 of the price but the shop clerk just keeps on pushing the SoundDock.
Also sow Bose's other thing on TV. Some sort of a slim sound system. Anyone tried that?

Jun 16, 2009 at 10:54 PM Post #2 of 5
Interestingly enough, I overheard a conversation at my local Best Buy in regards to the SoundDock. The salesperson, when questioned about the quality of the SoundDock, told a customer that she completely despises Bose and pretty much everything they make, but that the SoundDock was actually a really good product.

Take it for what it's worth.

Jun 17, 2009 at 12:05 AM Post #3 of 5
My local Sam's club has them on demo. Imo, it was ok, but not good enough for $250 considering you can get pretty nice speakers for that price...

Price aside, the B&W Zeppelin looks awesome though.

Jun 17, 2009 at 1:41 AM Post #4 of 5
They're not too bad, but yes, they are overpriced. And if you're into detail rather than warmness its probably not for you like most bose products.

Jun 17, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #5 of 5
They sound nice and pleasing, but I think a pair of bookshelfs (say, Diamond 9.1) at the same price would blow them away, and look better to boot!

However, the dock is an all-in-one solution, and can fit in a small space easily, which can be important.

Oh, and as for the docks that cost less, I've heard a $100 Sony one, and it isn't as good as the bose. Unless you really need an all in one, get an ipod dock with remote and line out, a t-amp, and some nice bookshelfs, and you'll have a sound dock you can upgrade, albeit with more cabling!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back