Are audiophiles Cat Person or Dog Person?
Jan 12, 2007 at 3:25 PM Post #31 of 129
Pumpkin is overexposed - she has more pics up there than my kid! So i'll just say she's a sweet pup and never bothers my rig, and never barks during the good parts of a tune
cool.gif

Jan 12, 2007 at 3:58 PM Post #32 of 129
i tried to find stats online about whether americans are more dog people or cat people, to compare against head-fi'ers. my lazy efforts (i.e., i didn't go past page 1 of google results) turned this up:

http://www.hsus.org/pets/issues_affe...tatistics.html

Dogs

There are approximately 73 million owned dogs in the United States
Thirty-nine percent of U.S. households own at least one dog

Cats

There are approximately 90 million owned cats in the United States
Thirty-four percent of U.S. households (or 37.7 million) own at least one cat

Jan 12, 2007 at 4:42 PM Post #33 of 129
No option for ANIMAL lover? I had to throw my vote as a cat person (I have two), but I love all animals, big and small.

I also really really like cows. Delicious first, but wonderful, gentle animals too.

Jan 12, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #34 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by y0- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No indoor cat can top an English Bulldog, ever!

exactly....

Jan 12, 2007 at 5:22 PM Post #35 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On whose authority is that?
wink.gif

Both are great animals.
But...

tadum-leg-II.jpg

He wants a piece of thigh cheese.

Sam, is that a Maine Coon? My wife and I have two and one of them looks exactly like the one in your pic.

As for the poll, they call Maine Coons the dog lover's cat so I guess I'm a dog lover who happens to have two cats and no dogs
confused.gif

Jan 12, 2007 at 6:35 PM Post #36 of 129
I like them both, but I'm less picky about the breed of cat. Dogs I only like retrievers (Golden or Chesapeake), and a few other types (I'm really fond of a certain Papillon right now).

-Chris

Jan 12, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #37 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by Toonie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sam, is that a Maine Coon? My wife and I have two and one of them looks exactly like the one in your pic.

He's a pound kitty, but my vet says he's got lots of Maine Coon. I remember something about the sheen, from oils they produce, present on the coat. He's got it. I want to say the oils Maine Coons produce help them shed water?

Anyway, he's very much like a dog. He eats Cheetos and will not leave me alone. Dumb as a pile of leaves too, but only I can say that about him.
tongue.gif

I rescued him because he was hanging on the front of the pound cage with each paw pointing to one corner. He looked like road kill; I had to have him.

There is one thing I like about cats over dogs, at least with mine, they always smell nice.

Jan 12, 2007 at 7:17 PM Post #38 of 129
I really like both, but dogs are just too high maintenance for me right now. I think people who hate cats never really had a good cat and those who hate dogs never really had a good dog (or never had either and are just assuming based on common stereotypes).

I just got a new cat. Very cute and cuddly, yes. Always lightens my mood. A little too energetic compared to my previous one though.

Jan 12, 2007 at 7:36 PM Post #39 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by SptsNaz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think people who hate cats never really had a good cat and those who hate dogs never really had a good dog (or never had either and are just assuming based on common stereotypes).

QFT

Jan 12, 2007 at 7:38 PM Post #40 of 129
Well...

DOGS!!!!

I have a miniature beagle named Tilly, a a Boxer named Maxine, and a Mutt named Casey.

Tilly was given to use free.

Maxine was found a stray, and she's the nicest dog ever. She has been hit by two cars, we've come up with a nickname, "Tank". She tore a doggy tendon in her leg, and recently had a few bumps removed. We've had her for 13 years, and she's still goin strong as ever.

Casey was bought and chosen by me at a local car show (no joke). A couple years ago she was attacked by our neighbors dog. She had cuts and hole in her throat, and one of her ears were torn off. She was quickly rushed to the vet. To this day.... She doesn't even know she has half of her left ear lol. She's still the same dog as before. Maxine treated her like her puppy when Casey was healing, it was so damn cute.

Jan 12, 2007 at 8:45 PM Post #41 of 129
DOGS!!! My sister has a cat and he can be such a nasty kitty. Scratches my arm up with his claws sometimes. My dog however just wants to like everyones face.
tongue.gif

Jan 13, 2007 at 12:03 AM Post #44 of 129
There's no trick to making a dog love you. Dogs go ape-crap for everyone-- you, your spouse, the mailman, the plumber... They're biologically programmed to automatically LOVE the alpha-dog (you).

Cats, OTOH, are absolutely indifferent to everyone and instinctively independent. Their love is not unconditional or automatic. When a cat loves you, it's for real. You have to *earn* that trust and love.

For me, cats are just about the greatest thing here on planet Earth!
3000smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back