are ath-m50 that great? looking for.basshead headphones for mostly every gdnre, specially electronic, acoustic solo guitar and rock music
Jan 3, 2014 at 11:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

TegraStorm

100+ Head-Fier
hello, I currently own pioneer HDJ1000 limited edition headphones, I mainly got tem to mess around with my.synthesizers but also used them for hearing.music, I need new because I use them 6 hours a day every day for almost 3 years and I heard that -m50 are good but overrated so im.not shure. I went to a store to try them and they were.mhch more.comfortable than the uncomfortable pioneer so I want to hear recommendations and which othrr headphones I.cohld get, possibilities... I dont want to.spend over $200 that's my limit, I'll be plugging them onto my Samsung galaxy S4 active without any amps. flac files of.course so I.am.opened minded to.any headphone recommendation, thanks! I am really bass-addicted so I would love to hear the crunchy sound of the guitars and synths anyways even tho 10000 of 15000 songs are those genres I also listen to other music (ps. sorry for all the points inbetween text im getting used to this swype keyboard...)

Jan 3, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #2 of 9
"I'm not Shure". I see what you did there. On a serious note, I recommend the V-Moda Crossfade LPs. They have plenty of bass. If you're playing music from your phone, Beats actually wouldn't be bad if you're willing to splash. That or Skullcandy Aviators. All three would be right for you.

Jan 4, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #4 of 9
beats?!? are you kidding me? thise thing arent only overpriced but the bass makes everything else suck, it impossible to hear mids and highs I don like them. same wjth skullcandy only skullcandy ive liked are some cheap In ear I got for $15 but whateverim ralking about serious headphones, I like to feel that bassy sound but not to make other sounds shake, my phone seems to be the best resource for large music.libraries as for I have a total of 92gb jn phone and when I would like to hear other music I change the sd card... when I say electronic I am talking about progressive house, chillout, acid, but also have some hardstyle in there and as far as rock I move a bit more to the metal section like the.mighty known dream theater or symphony x but also into some poppish nickelback/evanescence/soundgarden. can you ecplain a bit about the headphones you recommend?? BTW I like my cable coiled. in another vjew I listen to alot of acoustic.style, love andy mckee, don ross, justin king, kaki king, antoine dufour so I feel lime getting heavy bass headphones is risking to get bad acoustics... I dont.really.use amps cause I have never uaead headphones with any amp but if you really think I should get one then which one? I woild like sometjing portanle and small but back to the point to headphones, give me more.options.thanks :)

Jan 4, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #6 of 9
going from dj headphones.to music.headphones for hearing music I got.to say I liked the sound in the m50 but im afraid of getting them because there arent many headphones in my.country in stores more than skullcandy and beata, lucky I found the only.m50 in the whole.country but if I buy the m50 I may be missing much better headphones that I am able to afford. bass is good for me but I felt likebit sounded metalish... unrealistic idk how to explain, mids are ok not.too bad.but.not the best... bht the highs... good.at times.but can annoy.me because they have a weird pitched sound ehm sorry dont know how to describe but not that great. problem is that itsbhard to find balance.between getting good headphones.for electronic that deliver.good sound.for acoustic-only... I guess.im looking for headphones which givebme balance in genres bjt again I like alot the bassy sound. (sorry my frammar sucks with this keyboard)

Jan 4, 2014 at 5:06 AM Post #8 of 9
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 ohms (be sure to go for the 80 ohms as its the bassiest one). As for portable amps, the e7 and e11 are pretty good and cheap too.

edit: I almost forgot to tell you the e7 has a DAC while the e11 doesn't

Jan 4, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #9 of 9
those beyerdtnaics, almost forgot about them!! one of the first I read about. before anything I got to say
that I may risk getting not so good highs... but I cant risk mids!! and according to some reviews ive read, it has almost no mids... the reson I love my hdj1000s is because of the mids, its bass is pretty much not there compared to other headphones... as I said in my town only cans I can try are any beats apple skullcandy product *sigh* so am I risking too much the mids?? IMPORTANT: I forgot to incluide that I not only listen to hard electtonica/progressive trance housy music but also to alot of ambient like helios and solar fields, same with acoustic guirar only music i previously already explained... honestly those beyerdynamic look pretty good but are they good for me?
details I would like my headphones to have:
bassyhead-friendly
closed sound (no one hears what I hear)
coiled cable
good mids response
over ear
durability
foldable (I keep my headphones in my backpack)

... anyone???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back