Are all S, M, and L tips created equal to their counterpart from different manufactures?
Jan 29, 2013 at 7:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ksimm033

100+ Head-Fier
I'm sure others have this same question, so I figure I would go ahead and ask.....

Are all S, M, and L tips created equal to their counterpart from different manufactures?

Example: M size dual flange tips that come with one IEM are comparable or the same size as another M size dual flange tip from a different manufacture (complys, flanges, olives, foamies etc...)?

Also is there another reason as to why one size tip would fit the ear with one IEM but not with another (assuming the tips fit both IEMs)?

Thanks.

Jan 29, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #2 of 2
Mostly, though have found Shure Olives to be on the "fatter" side, for want of a better description

In relation to your second point, everyone's ears are different and that may even mean your canals are not symmetrical!
wink.gif
I'm actually convinced I should be using "S" in one ear and "M" in the other or maybe that is trickery and should try "M" in both. Have always used "S" but then have to factor in body growth. The bad thing is that tips are so expensive...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back