Are all Parrot Zik headphones this sibilant? Please help me out!
Feb 14, 2014 at 8:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

JoosBoxx

New Head-Fier
First off, these headphones are incredibly comfy, bassy, and sexy looking. My only gripe is that "S" and even some strong "T" sounds are really ear piercing in certain songs. Almost sounds like cheap radio S's at times, if that makes sense :p Is this common among these headphones? I love everything else about them, but having my music blasting and being caught off guard by an S that stabs through my ear holes isn't pleasant. I've EQ'd to lower its presence, and always leave the concert hall effect off, still sssss'tacular. Do I just have to live with it? Or should I seek a return? Help meh! 

Feb 15, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #3 of 3
I read that review before purchasing these. Unless that's the "graininess" he speaks of it doesn't seem he touches on the piercing sibilance. It almost makes some songs unlistenable, the S and T's are very "wet" sounding, almost static like. I guess that's what bluetooth headphones sound like? In his review he even says how they aren't "shrill", my set cut my ear canals like a rusty knife at timeSSS. Haha, get it? :p I wanna love these headphones, but the cackling, fuzzy, shrill, sibilance is really killing em for me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back