Arcing in the LD3+?
Dec 8, 2006 at 5:57 AM Post #3 of 5
None that's been reported anywhere in these forums, I think the consensus (if ever such a thing is possible here) is that the arching is due to some unknown flaw in the LDII+ design, no arching has been reported in the original LDII either. Some (not all) LDII++ seem to to have glowing driver tubes (with the Mullards, IIRMC), whether or not that's normal is still anyone's guess.

Don't mean to suggest anything in any way, but I want to point out that relatively few people have owned the LDIII, so you should keep that in mind.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 8, 2006 at 7:38 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dept_of_Alchemy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some (not all) LDII++ seem to to have glowing driver tubes (with the Mullards, IIRMC), whether or not that's normal is still anyone's guess.

Are you referring to the glow on start up? Not trying to be an A-hole or anything - but its the ediswans (possibly as well as the mullards, but i havent heard this with the LD2++ as yet) that give the glow to my knowledge, and legend has it this is perfectly normal, see this link: http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=210043 'fran' briefly explains 'in-rush current' to put our minds at ease.

Dec 8, 2006 at 7:48 PM Post #5 of 5
I've got the LD3+ (wanting to sell actually) for half a year now, and I haven't experienced any arching at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back