Archos Gmini 400
Aug 21, 2004 at 12:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

eddycha

New Head-Fier
hey

isnt this just a little gem of a player. Looks like a high quality, small mp3 player, with the ability to play videos. Now, people will say, whats the point with only a 2.2 inch screen. Well, other people, whats the point in having a colour scren at all. All i want is mp3.

So this is what I say it is perfect for. Its perfect for listeing to mp3 (though the 10 hour mp3 playback isnt brilliant for that) but its also good for that odd moment when you find yourself stuck somewhere, not wanting music but a movie to watch, and you can do it on the screen there right with you.

I cant want to see a review of this product when it comes out and see what they make of it, and hopefully see one in a shop too.

the only thing i saw thats kinda odd is that the codecs it lists as playable are xvid and divx 4 and 5. Well...i noticed that divx 3 is very popular and a lot of things i have are encoded in divx 3. This is the only inconsistancy i found.

Oh, and just commenting on the screen size, well, widescreen movies just would work i dont think, so maybe a zoom function would be good, or just watch tv shows on it that are usually full screen...i.e south park would be class, or family guy...even better!

Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back