Archos AV500 on Woot today.
Oct 12, 2006 at 5:41 AM Post #2 of 5
yeah that is a really good price for a player that can direct video encoding.

i'm waiting for the 604 wifi, and gonna snatch it as soon as it's release and if i have the money. just finger cross that it wont be more than $400 or $450.
dvd vob support
aac/mp4 - plugin
touchscreen
wireless internet

lack of 'direct' tv playback and video recording is a let down though, even the gmini400 could playback without some overpriced dock.

Oct 12, 2006 at 6:49 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx
yeah that is a really good price for a player that can direct video encoding.

i'm waiting for the 604 wifi, and gonna snatch it as soon as it's release and if i have the money. just finger cross that it wont be more than $400 or $450.
dvd vob support
aac/mp4 - plugin
touchscreen
wireless internet

lack of 'direct' tv playback and video recording is a let down though, even the gmini400 could playback without some overpriced dock.

the 404 can playback to a tv without the dock, just a mini to RCA cable. dont see why the 604 couldnt

Oct 12, 2006 at 6:55 PM Post #4 of 5
it's true the you have to have the dock. Archos has decided on a structure where they'll release a base unit with very few features and you can add to it however you please.

Oct 12, 2006 at 9:15 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmins
it's true the you have to have the dock. Archos has decided on a structure where they'll release a base unit with very few features and you can add to it however you please.

you only need the dock for recording, not viewing on a tv.

just buy a camcorder cable and you can watch from it on any tv with an input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back