Archos 5 V. Cowon D2
Mar 8, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #16 of 24
O2vsA3vsA2vsQ5.png

Mar 8, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #18 of 24
most of those french are guessable... I cant figure out what Ecran Tactile means! hehe

Mar 8, 2009 at 12:16 PM Post #19 of 24
the A2/3 isnt touch screen
frown.gif
shame I'd pay $50 more for the archos for that reason...

I think Ecran Tacile means if its touch screen.

Mar 8, 2009 at 6:13 PM Post #20 of 24
In order :
Size screen.
Screen resolution
Touch screen
Headphone output
Speaker
Capacity
Memory extension
Thickness
Weight
Microphone
FM tuner
Line in for audio/video
Wifi
Bluetooth
TNT : It's numeric TV channel in France like DMB
Video résolution max
Battery life in audio/video

Mar 30, 2009 at 6:06 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Geruvah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried a demo one over at the J&R store here in Manhattan. Using the super.fi 5 pros, I found punch lacking a bit (for me, personally). It's definitely something I wanted, especially since my favorite songs have that feel when the snare is hit.

If I stuck with the super.fi 5 pros, I might have decided that it was ok to live with, but knowing that I'm moving to the UE-11 within the month, I knew I didn't want a bottleneck.

But let me tell you, that screen was gorgeous. All I ask of Archos is to heighten the SQ on their pmp and I'm sold.

I can't comment much on the D2. Just seeing it in pictures made me know it was way to small for me (a la my rant: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/wh...4/#post5471302). I tried the o2 and I couldn't stand it for more than 5 minutes after holding the Archos and I crave big storage as much as SQ (sucks when you like listening to your whole library).

I'd say get the Archos if you find storage a big thing. The SQ is a little shy, but you won't mind unless you really laid some money down on your headphones, in which case it'll be a bottleneck. But know that Archos prioritized and beefed up that PMP for video, not so much audio. I'm not much for videos but that thing had no weaknesses (for me) when it came down to video. That big screen and good UI as the video is playing is great. Because of that I'm going to wait a little longer to see what else 2009 will give me.

Hey is that the J and R by City hall or by Penn Station? do they have the super.fi's there to demo also? Do they have anything else on demo? thx and sorry for the interogation but Ive never been there and loking to get a new player soon......

Apr 3, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #23 of 24
I had an Archos 5 an IMO getting an Archos 5 can become a gamble. Out of the 3 Archos 5 I had, all 3 were defective or not built very well. I'm not saying all archos products are like this though. The most common issues I've seen people have with the archos is dead/stuck pixels and broken headphone out line. If you do decide to get an Archos just make sure you have a 30 day return policy.

Now the things I liked about the archos; Great screen, sound quality was reasonable, decent loading time from cold boot, interface is relativly easy to use, very big range of codec support.

The WiFi on the Archos 5 isn't too great btw. You have to connect to the network first, then opera browser will load (this takes anywhere from 15-30 seconds to do). On top of the page surfing is a little laggy. Using YouTube can also be a pain.

Apr 3, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by hikira91 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had an Archos 5 an IMO getting an Archos 5 can become a gamble. Out of the 3 Archos 5 I had, all 3 were defective or not built very well. I'm not saying all archos products are like this though. The most common issues I've seen people have with the archos is dead/stuck pixels and broken headphone out line. If you do decide to get an Archos just make sure you have a 30 day return policy.

Now the things I liked about the archos; Great screen, sound quality was reasonable, decent loading time from cold boot, interface is relativly easy to use, very big range of codec support.

The WiFi on the Archos 5 isn't too great btw. You have to connect to the network first, then opera browser will load (this takes anywhere from 15-30 seconds to do). On top of the page surfing is a little laggy. Using YouTube can also be a pain.

How did the archos compare to your Zune in sound quality? Is there a big drop off with the Archos?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back