Arcam Solo Mini
Aug 31, 2008 at 11:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Voltron

HeadFest '07 Lead OrganizerThe DOTU
I have been thinking about the Arcam Solo as an easy family system that doesn't suck and has a small footprint. The new Mini takes that one or two steps further with the smaller form factor, USB connector on the front and the optional rDock for charging/playing/remote controlling the iPod. So, has anybody heard these yet, and does Todd have them in his Arcam line-up? Curious if Todd has heard the Solo with his Epos mini-monitors, but anybody else with similar Solo experience, please share.

Sep 1, 2008 at 5:06 AM Post #2 of 10
I listened to it at Audiovision SF (Pine @ Van Ness). It's a nice little system, surprisingly capable for the size. I would have bought one if it weren't for its lack of SACD playback capability (I opted instead for a Nuforce IA7v2). Don't just take my word for it, stop by there since you live in SF.

Sep 1, 2008 at 7:11 PM Post #3 of 10
I'm pretty sure I've heard the mini at Oz's shop. It's been a while but I recall it being a very capable unit. I considered one for my office. If Todd doesn't carry it, let me know and I will see what Oz will do in terms of price.

Sep 2, 2008 at 3:38 AM Post #4 of 10
I left Todd a message and will follow up tomorrow. I have heard the Solo before at Audio Visions, majid, but I have not heard the Mini version yet.

Jan 18, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #5 of 10
I have a Solo and a pair of Triangle Cometes in the family room, and I am deliriously happy with the combination.

If you are thinking Solo Mini, NAD and Cambridge Audio have alternatives. Check them all out.

Feb 8, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Voltron, how about posting a couple of pictures!

Well, Miguel, it only took me a month, but here are a couple lame pics of my rustic Arcam Solo Mini setup. I will see if I can take a couple more but being in front of a window doesn't help.
redface.gif
It is so easy that everyone in the family can use it, and I highly recommend it for anyplace you need a small footprint but good sound (office, bedroom, family room, etc.). We can play CDs, radio, plug an iPod into the front or with a doc into the back, internet radio and Rhapsody through the SB3, and any music on any of the computers in the house, also through the SB3. Good stuff!
L3000.gif

Image-FC6A9583F58811DD.jpg

Image-FC6BB962F58811DD.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back