Arcam FMJ cd37 or Cambridge Azur 840C ?
Jul 8, 2010 at 4:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

roby456

New Head-Fier
Hi ,

I' am interesting about some opinions for these 2 CD Players:

1) Arcam FMJ Cd37
2) Cambridge Azur 840C

I listen only POP, Rock and HIP-POP music and I like a deep strong bass.

What CD Player is better in my situation ?

P.S.

I have Arcam FMJ A32 integrated amplifier. 

Jul 21, 2010 at 3:57 AM Post #2 of 4
It's been a couple of years since I last heard Arcam but I do remember that their Cd players had very good synergy with their amps. The Arcam digital sound is one of diffusion, focusing more on presence than that of solidity. The 840 would probably be best for the genres you specified, however. Try to listen to both side-by-side if possible.

Jul 21, 2010 at 6:23 AM Post #3 of 4
Hummmmmmmmm.  I like the Arcam, but my music tastes are different than yours.  It doesn't have a "high impact" voice (agreeing with the previous poster), but I thought the Cambridge was irritating.  It has "presence", but it sounded harsh and unreal to me.  To get really good bass that doesn't drive me out of the room, It's my experience that you have to pay a lot.  The Arcam bass is not bad at all, but it's not in your face.  It captures the bass in the various National CDs I have (all of them)  if they are in your listening "zone".

The first three (in price, lowest to highest) CD players by Naim have a better rock-pop presentation than the two you are looking at.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back