Arcam A65 plus vs creek 4330 mkII vs Audio Analogue Puccini
Jul 24, 2002 at 12:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bundee1

Headphoneus Supremus
Which should I get? I think my gear is listed below and the system sounds a bit bright with thin vocals due to the Yamaha and Music Hall combo. I also think it needs a little more bass. Its all being played through PSB Alpha A/Vs. With proper placement it sounds pretty good, but my S.O. moves stuff around to clean and misplacing makes my ears bleed. I need something that would complement the cdp. The speakers would be my next upgrade. Any other integrated recommendations are welcome
and website and dealer suggestions would help. Thank you all for your input.

Jul 27, 2002 at 7:24 AM Post #2 of 4
Bueller... Bueller... Bueller...?

Jul 27, 2002 at 9:49 AM Post #3 of 4
These are very nice integrated amps, you've mentioned - though the Puccini has no headphone jack, as far as I remember. In addition, you could probably also consider the NAD C370, the Marantz PM8000 and PM8200 and maybe a Rotel, too... But I couldn't say, which one is the best - they are all in a similar class, so you'd better listen for yourself, which suits your tastes best.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

P.S.: Bueller!
wink.gif

Jul 27, 2002 at 11:47 AM Post #4 of 4
I recently helped a firend put together an audio system based on the JMR Twins mkII. Surf over to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pinoydiophiles and do a search on the AA Puccini.

To cut a long story short, I heard the Arcam A85, Musical Fidelity A3, various Rotels, and the Audio Analogue Puccini. We ended up with the Puccini.

The Arcam and the Rotels have generally classic solid state conis characters of extended highs and well-controlled lows. The Puccini, while solid state, has attributes commonly possessed by tubed gear, warmth/liquidity. The Musical Fidelity A3 is sort of in between the Arcam and the Puccini.

Note further that among the stuff we listened to, the Puccini is the cheapest.

Please note that I am not bashing Arcam. We bought the Arcam CD72 as our source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back