AR-T Legato II USB-S/PDIF Converter
Jul 16, 2013 at 7:54 AM Post #76 of 90
Quote:
44.1 should never  sound better like 96 should not sound better than 192khz. it is like a 3 liter motor should not produce less power  than a 2 or 1 liter motor. It is all in the implementation of the design.

Sounding better has very little to do with sampling rate. Higher bit rates offer a better signal to noise ratio, which as to be backed up by the design of the equipment.
And in the case of an engine size, an increased volumetric capacity does not mean more power. The Chevy engine blocks of years gone by were monsters. Things like the 5.7L engine needed a big engine bay. But you can get all that power in a modern day engine of far less than that. Technology has moved on.

Jul 16, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #77 of 90
Quote:
Sounding better has very little to do with sampling rate.That is the orginal Philips idea to invent the  minimum 44.1 khz  for audio, but it is faulty, Too much based on the idea that analogue is best presented by a sinusoid waveform  wth a max freq. of 20khz. So Fully disagree Higher bit rates offer a better signal to noise ratio, which as to be backed up by the design of the equipment.fully agree,
And in the case of an engine size, an increased volumetric capacity does not mean more power. is the implementation of the idea into design. compare two identical engines the only difference is the volumetric size rest of tech variables are hold the same--> that will always mean more power The Chevy engine blocks of years gone by were monsters. Things like the 5.7L engine needed a big engine bay. But you can get all that power in a modern day engine of far less than that. Technology has moved on.synonymous for implememtation of the idea which is the design, more effiicient design etc. etc.

Jul 17, 2013 at 2:23 AM Post #78 of 90
Actually in audio terms, regardless of spec, it's more about the feeling. This is akin to 'which car feels the most powerful', rather than 'which car is measured as the most powerful'. There are many more factors playing into that impression, rather than just one spec.

If you want to do a simple fun test for me, just turn on a youtube clip that features a variety of bitrates - e.g. 360p, 480p, 720p, 1080p. Listen to each of these and tell me which you feel sounds better?

If you don't have a youtube clip off-hand.. can try this so we are all on same page:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B51bLBdUt3w

Try not to over-think the results if you get them, and just share.

Jul 18, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #80 of 90
Hi kyrill,

They are video resolutions, but there are also variances with the bitrate of the audio at several steps.

Like I said, don't think too much and just try, and let me know what you think.

Nov 25, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #83 of 90
very quiet about this ddc. Has it officially been released yet? Art's website has not been updated for a while either.
Where, if at all, can you purchase this product?

I am genuinely interested in trying this one out.

Cheers

Nov 27, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #84 of 90
Yeah..............what is going on in Texas................??????????????

Well, we ran into parts problems. And it is the most important part. Long story, and I will not bore you with it. (If you want the long version, you will have to contact us. And then you will only get most, but not all, of the story.)

Yes...........we are working on it. Been working on it. I know..................y'all are tired of waiting. I am tired of not getting paid. (No sales = no pay check. You do the math.)

So, at the present, sit tight. If you are in an EU country, we would like to hear from you. But, you will have to ask why. That is all I can say here.

While I am at it.......................really enjoying reading some of the stuff you guys come up with. Don't quit your day job, ok?

Back to your regular program....................

Apr 25, 2014 at 4:03 AM Post #86 of 90
Friends of The Legato,

as you all know the Legato is a product that is hard to get. For understandable reasons Pat is reluctant to sell to Europe.

So I am asking here, if someone in the US would be willing to sell his Legato to an audiophile in Europe?

I am prepared to pay a good price and cover all expenses and take care of all formalities.

Drop me a pm if you have news for me.:wink:

Cheers
Chris

Apr 27, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #87 of 90
Right now, we are not sending out any, period. We encountered several parts issues. The problems (for the most part) have been resolved, and we will resume production shortly. There will be some minor improvements (tighter jitter specs, for one) and will probably be renamed as a "2.5".

As for Europe............we will ship new units to Europe. We will not send demo, proto, or "B-stock" units to Europe. Shipping is not cheap: it is close to $80.

You can save a few $ (maybe $5 or so) if you drop down from Express Mail to Priority Mail. However, it takes weeks longer, and the few customers who accepted that option said they will not repeat that mistake.

The only advantage buying from an individual, as opposed to buying from us, is the customs folks nitpick about the declared value more when it is shipped from a company. So, keep both of those in mind.

Hope that helps some.

Jul 10, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #88 of 90
Just wondering if "...we will resume production shortly" can be quantified in a somewhat more specific way?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 25, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #89 of 90
Dec 22, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #90 of 90
Hello to everyone.

I know this is very old post, and asking this is a long shot, but maybe anyone is selling legato 2 or know where I can find one?

Thank You in advance

(I was a member for a long time, but no longer have my email I used to register, so I had to create a new account and with new account I can not post in classifieds :frowning2: ).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back