Aqua La Voce S2 Dac
Jan 10, 2017 at 2:22 AM Post #3 of 35
Dec 17, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #4 of 35
Care to share your impressions?
Ah.. Didn't check the forum that often. My ears are not good enough to discern all the detailed aspects but I'll try to discribe what I got. I like Italian sounds and own the North Star Excelsio thus I moved to Aqua La Voce. I'll say the sound of La Voce is also kind of relaxed. Excelsio may be even softer than La Voce. But La Voce provides better sound stage and quality. Excelsio is good enough for voice but La Voce does better in symphony.

Dec 17, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #6 of 35
Indeed, i can't believe this thread was created over 3 years ago and only 6 entries...anyway thanks for your impressions...from one happy BHA-1 owner in NCAL to another

Dec 18, 2017 at 2:04 AM Post #7 of 35
I have one. I have the PCM1704K, AD1865, and TDA1541A (subbed a single crown S1 chip after the fact). Let's just say this thing is epic. The win on the 3 chips with redbook may be the AD chip. But gnat's hairs difference between 'em. Very, very clean sound and nuances on albums I have heard thousands of time that the rest don't pull out (brushes on cymbals etc.) The ability to swap chips is really cool. Just email Aqua and they will help you out. Great guys by the way. Always willing to answer questions.

Dec 18, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #8 of 35
I have one. I have the PCM1704K, AD1865, and TDA1541A (subbed a single crown S1 chip after the fact). Let's just say this thing is epic. The win on the 3 chips with redbook may be the AD chip. But gnat's hairs difference between 'em. Very, very clean sound and nuances on albums I have heard thousands of time that the rest of Dac's I've owned don't pull out (brushes on cymbals etc.) The ability to swap chips is really cool. Just email Aqua and they will help you out. Great guys by the way. Always willing to answer questions.

Dec 21, 2017 at 12:51 AM Post #9 of 35
I have one. I have the PCM1704K, AD1865, and TDA1541A (subbed a single crown S1 chip after the fact). Let's just say this thing is epic. The win on the 3 chips with redbook may be the AD chip. But gnat's hairs difference between 'em. Very, very clean sound and nuances on albums I have heard thousands of time that the rest don't pull out (brushes on cymbals etc.) The ability to swap chips is really cool. Just email Aqua and they will help you out. Great guys by the way. Always willing to answer questions.

Agreed. The Aqua guys are very helpful. A classy operation.
I have the PCM1704K version and love it. Clean, smooth, non-fatiguing.
Complements my system perfectly. (Accuphase E-212 + Spendor A2)

I've been using mostly the USB input,
but I'm in the process of planning a high-quality, outboard USB-to-I2S unit,
that will let me use the Aqua's RJ45/I2S input instead.

This board will probably be my base:
(http://jlsounds.com/i2soverusb.html)

Apr 21, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #10 of 35
I just join the club and very happy with S2 one. Very natural sound, well controlled base. Vocals very clean and organic. Great stuff!

Jul 25, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #11 of 35
I've been using mostly the USB input,
but I'm in the process of planning a high-quality, outboard USB-to-I2S unit,
that will let me use the Aqua's RJ45/I2S input instead.

This board will probably be my base:
(http://jlsounds.com/i2soverusb.html)
@TheNidz I realize this comment was made 3 years ago (!), but you still list the La Voce S2 in your signature. Just wondering if you ever made this USB -> I2S converter and how did it work out? I'm interested to try this connection option as well.

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:22 AM Post #13 of 35
@TheNidz I realize this comment was made 3 years ago (!), but you still list the La Voce S2 in your signature. Just wondering if you ever made this USB -> I2S converter and how did it work out? I'm interested to try this connection option as well.

Hi, I still have the DAC (in fact I've enjoyed it a lot) but I never got round to making that USB>I2S converter.
a) After doing more research, it didn't seem like it would make a big enough difference to warrant the effort required.
b) In my setup, it made more sense to connect via BNC/Co-axial to my Roon endpoint (AlloDigiOne).
c) If I was going to use that I2S input, then the Aqua Linq Network Streamer would probably be the device to do it with.

Sep 22, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #15 of 35
Well, I am still watching thread :)

I'm actually wondering is it big difference between S3 and La Scala? But can't answer your question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back