APureSound v ALO line out dock
Feb 10, 2008 at 9:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

barmar46

100+ Head-Fier
What's better all around for SQ, built, reliability, durability,etc., re: 80 gig Classic line out dock/cable? APureSound or ALO? Alex's has two choices, 5" for $70 and 1' for $90. ALO seems to start at around $55 and go way on up>
(May be more applicable in Portable Audio thread. Cable ? about a portable audio specific...could go either way.)

Mar 9, 2008 at 1:28 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by barmar46 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's better all around for SQ, built, reliability, durability,etc., re: 80 gig Classic line out dock/cable? APureSound or ALO? Alex's has two choices, 5" for $70 and 1' for $90. ALO seems to start at around $55 and go way on up>
(May be more applicable in Portable Audio thread. Cable ? about a portable audio specific...could go either way.)

I haven't tried the APureSound LODs but I love my ALO Au/Ag LOD, top of the line from ALO. Big upgrade from H/P out. Build quality is exceptional. SQ very detailed and layered.:.

Mar 9, 2008 at 1:38 PM Post #3 of 3
Both of them make quality products and you would be happy w/ either. You have to decide which one meets your needs of cable material (copper, silver plated copper, pure silver solid or stranded, cryo or not) and which one you find to be "better looking".

Turbo, Moon Audio, and Revelation Audio also make very good products. Thankfully we have options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back