APureSound: The Ultimate Cable Manufacturer Introduces The V3 Headphone Cable
Oct 31, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #76 of 846
Wow you just keep cranking out the cables and re-cables Alex! How long does it take you to do a re-cable job on one headphone on average?

Oh and where are all the impressions of the V3? So many owners, so few impressions! Post people! We want/demand impressions!
tongue.gif

Oct 31, 2007 at 8:13 AM Post #77 of 846
I bought a balanced V3 cable that was supposed to be installed on an R10 by a local shop, but they were unable to do it. I asked them to install it on an L3000 instead.

The L3000 with the V3 cable has a larger soundstage, more air and better imaging than the stock L3000. It is less congested and clarity is improved.

I've been burning-in both units and will post final impressions when they've both reached 300+ hours. The comparison is made using an XLR-6.3mm plug adapter and single-ended amps.

Here's the L3000 with balanced V3 cable and Furutech XLR plugs and the stock L3000:

L3000s.jpg

Oct 31, 2007 at 4:23 PM Post #80 of 846
David,

APureSound has been making power cable for quite some time. Please check APureSound.com for more info on the current line of power cables. There is a new very high end power cable coming out soon though which isn't available on the site. You can see pictures of it here: http://apuresound.com/pc

-Alex-

Oct 31, 2007 at 5:21 PM Post #81 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
David,

APureSound has been making power cable for quite some time. Please check APureSound.com for more info on the current line of power cables. There is a new very high end power cable coming out soon though which isn't available on the site. You can see pictures of it here: http://apuresound.com/pc

-Alex-

Oh, it must be that I read of this cable being auditioned by someone on head-fi. It is said that my RSA B-52 has actually shown a degradation of sound using different power cables other than a relatively cheap one. To date, all I have is a cheap VISA power cable for it. Would you consider allowing me to audition a power cable before purchasing? I have no other plans for power conditioning or enhancement. I have an electrician coming to install a dedicated line for my listening room though.
  1. david

Oct 31, 2007 at 11:05 PM Post #82 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmk005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, it must be that I read of this cable being auditioned by someone on head-fi. It is said that my RSA B-52 has actually shown a degradation of sound using different power cables other than a relatively cheap one. To date, all I have is a cheap VISA power cable for it. Would you consider allowing me to audition a power cable before purchasing? I have no other plans for power conditioning or enhancement. I have an electrician coming to install a dedicated line for my listening room though.
  1. david

You are correct the final prototype of this cable was shipped out to a member of head-fi to get some opinions on it. He is currently testing it now and will have it for another month for further testing.

The only way an aftermarket power cable can degrade sound is if it was poorly designed and built.

This new power cable will be available for an audition before you buy type of deal once it is available for sale. There will a deposit for anyone who wants to try it to prevent people from trying to steal the cable which sadly I have to protect myself against. PM me for more information on this product.

Thanks,
Alex

Nov 1, 2007 at 7:07 AM Post #83 of 846
PM or whatever.

I just bought of the forums the new Sony headphones with the awful cable job (have not received them yet).

wondering on the cost for recable of those?

I apologize for any errors. typing this on my phone at the airport delay.

Nov 1, 2007 at 2:14 PM Post #84 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by Liver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PM or whatever.

I just bought of the forums the new Sony headphones with the awful cable job (have not received them yet).

wondering on the cost for recable of those?

I apologize for any errors. typing this on my phone at the airport delay.

PM sent!

Nov 25, 2007 at 11:32 AM Post #87 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope you love it! Send me an email if you run across any issues during the install.

No issues during install. Sounds great! Thank you again!

Nov 26, 2007 at 10:32 PM Post #88 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by jantze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No issues during install. Sounds great! Thank you again!

Great! I am happy to hear everything came in ok and the install went well. I hope you enjoy them. I looked at your link in the profile and I like your headphone setup. Enjoy!

-Alex-

Nov 26, 2007 at 10:38 PM Post #89 of 846
Small update since head-fi was down. I will post more tomorrow.

Click image to enter photo gallery.

Nov 26, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #90 of 846
Actually 1 more post for today. A bunch of Sennheiser cables. Watch out for a large update with news tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back