Aptx HD/LDAC IEM's
Oct 12, 2018 at 12:09 AM Post #16 of 30
Oct 15, 2018 at 2:26 AM Post #17 of 30
Just took the plunge: trying out the Jabra 65t...
40% discount and 30 day return policy here in Oz.
Doesn't have any of the latest codecs obviously but SQ should be ok and at least I know they'll have good call quality.

If something better comes along I'll be passing these on to the Mrs
That's if I keep them of course...

Dec 9, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #18 of 30
I have a ProSound H2 on order to try out.

I also ordered the Sony LDAC neckband from Japan - then I start my IEM adventure.

(I like neck bands)

Big LDAC fan so I think I found my thread. :k701smile:

I have been auditioning Hi Res Bluetooth codec headphones all week. It's been driving me (and Amazon returns dept) crazy.

Adpx HD is also good but I feel LDAC has the edge.

I would rather be in stealth mode with IEM than wander about with a giant set of cans on my head. Also the controls on the over ear models is maddening I am sure you can get used to them but I am switched them off, skipping tracks etc when I just want to adjust the volume. :triportsad:

Keeping IEM in my small ears will be a challenge I have been spoiled by Bose contoured ear grips. So I have to find my solution.

I am a noise cancelling fan but perhaps I can't have it all. I think sound quality suffers when thats involved.

Dec 9, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #19 of 30
I have a ProSound H2 on order to try out.

I also ordered the Sony LDAC neckband from Japan - then I start my IEM adventure.

(I like neck bands)

Big LDAC fan so I think I found my thread. :k701smile:

I have been auditioning Hi Res Bluetooth codec headphones all week. It's been driving me (and Amazon returns dept) crazy.

Adpx HD is also good but I feel LDAC has the edge.

I would rather be in stealth mode with IEM than wander about with a giant set of cans on my head. Also the controls on the over ear models is maddening I am sure you can get used to them but I am switched them off, skipping tracks etc when I just want to adjust the volume. :triportsad:

Keeping IEM in my small ears will be a challenge I have been spoiled by Bose contoured ear grips. So I have to find my solution.

I am a noise cancelling fan but perhaps I can't have it all. I think sound quality suffers when thats involved.

Please keep us up to date with both your initial impression + how you rate them after a few weeks of use. There is no cheap option for obtaining them in Australia as Prostereo will not ship direct so we are paying big premium with retailers.

Dec 9, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #20 of 30
Will do! I also have $1,000 IEM with an APTX HD bluetooth neck band arriving soon!

Dec 10, 2018 at 5:07 AM Post #22 of 30
RHA CL2

Dec 10, 2018 at 5:09 AM Post #23 of 30
Thanks for the tip off re cable.

I think I will like a neck band better and the one on order has LDAC

Dec 10, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #25 of 30
I have a Sony one on order with AtpX HD & LDAC

I think the RHA CL2 neck band has Atpx HD but could be wrong

Dec 16, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #26 of 30
OK - my research phase for 'walk around the city / commute" Hi Res audio headphones has ended - with some conclusions

I learned that the classic 'stage type' in ear monitors IEM - don't suit my ear shape - I tried every type of tip / foam etc and even the deep insertion Etymotic type (bummer...)

What does fit my ears is the Bose 'StayHear" earbuds that hook into your outer ear shape

The Pro Sound H2 didn't fit my ears (for the reasons above) they looked and felt 'budget'
I had literally 12 sets of headphones delivered to audition and I sent them ALL back...

None matched the feature set I want

In ear (not over or on ear)
Ability to pair with two devices at the same time (my player and my phone)
Ability to work for inflight movies (3.5 mm jack)
Noise cancelling
Ability to handle phone calls well
AptX HD or LDAC

So I ended up getting a EarStudio ES100 LDAC/ Htpx HD receiver - I hang my (wired) Bose QC20 headphones off it - this leave my LDAC player "wireless" (its nice to pick it up and not drag cables attached to my ears around) . I clip the the QC20 wires and the SE100 into a shirt pocket. I also use it to broadcast LDAC HiRes to my HiFi, a portable speaker's line in and my car's line in. (each can have a custom eq profile configured via the ES 100's app)

Conclusions
There aren't enough Htpx HD and LDAC headphones out yet - solution? WAIT
Bose is WAY behind the curve with HiRes and I hope to see some new models emerge (CES show January 2019?) - Solution? WAIT
Too few LDAC headphones - Solution? make do with AptX HD or wait for BT5 tech to emerge
Despite not fulfilling my feature wants these headphones sounded absolutely SPECTACULAR Audio Technica ATH-DSR9BT

This week I expect delivery of the MMCX Sony LDAC neckband that I ordered from Japan - because MMCX IEMs don't fit my ears - I will be sending this back

I bought
No new headphones
A new BT receiver gadget

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #27 of 30
I have the ES100 and it's a great interim solution until we get TWE with LDAC. I hang it of my Venture Electronics Asura Omega, my ATH MSR5, heck even my HD650 run off the balanced 2.5 port. They all sound great when connected via my V20's LDAC radio.

Jan 18, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #28 of 30
What is TWE?

Jan 19, 2019 at 3:15 AM Post #30 of 30
Ah.thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back