AptX earphone or receiver dongle cable for Westone CIEM
Oct 30, 2016 at 11:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

zzffnn

Headphoneus Supremus
Please kindly comment:

1) Is there a currently avaiable AptX receiver dongle cable for Westone CIEM (ES3Xs)?

2) A high quality AptX earphone will work too, if overall quality surpass AptX dongle cable + Westone CIEM.

3) I heard AptX HD is out, is there an AptX HD version of 1) or 2) now? I dont mind waiting for a while, if the HD version is much better.

4) I remember Tyll had good words to say about MEE Audio Maxtrix 2. I wonder if MEE's X7 Plus earphone is also good: http://www.meeaudio.com/X7Plus

5) I also like Philips's Fidelio M2BT. Is there a AptX (HD) earphone version of that?

I know there is also B&W P7. And Sennheiser may also have some relavent earphones too, but I am not up to date with their offerings. Please feel free to add any that has been tested by the Headfi community.

Thank you.

Nov 6, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #3 of 5
I use this elecom bluetooth receiver which has apt-x, a2dp, long battery life and excellent audio quality :
https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-receiver-amplifier-class1-black/dp/B00JUGSUQG/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1477879808&sr=8-8&keywords=elecom

Thank you! What made you select the Elecom over many other similar products?
It is much smaller than Creative E5, though I secretly wish it can be even smaller to (be almost wireless). I guess receiver and amp quality will suffer, if you reduce the size too much (Where is the sweet spot)?

I have the Barainwavz Blu-100 and like its size and sound quality. But its blutooth connection breaks up on me too often.

Nov 6, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #4 of 5
Thank you! What made you select the Elecom over many other similar products?
It is much smaller than Creative E5, though I secretly wish it can be even smaller to (be almost wireless). I guess receiver and amp quality will suffer, if you reduce the size too much (Where is the sweet spot)?

I have the Barainwavz Blu-100 and like its size and sound quality. But its blutooth connection breaks up on me too often.

I've had 2 Sony MW1 to compare to this Elecom. The latter is louder with better audio probably because it's got A2DP and Apt-x. It also has long battery life. Both Sony devices broke within a year with one being a replacement of the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back