April 17th is Record Store Day!!!
Apr 17, 2010 at 6:50 AM Post #2 of 20
And Acoustic Sounds and Music Direct both have online sales to coincide with the event:

Acoustic Sounds - Record Store Day Sale
Quote:

10% off all In-Stock Music

Use Promo Code RecordStoreDay to receive discount

10% discount will not be reflected at checkout but will be honored when order is processed
Offer good from now until Monday, April 19 at 11:59 PM

Box sets, 45 RPM LPs, Equipment, Preowned or Already Discounted items do not qualify for this offer.

Music Direct - RECORD STORE WEEKEND SALE
Quote:

10% OFF MUSIC WEB ORDERS

It's Record Store Weekend at Music Direct! From Now through Monday, April 19th, you can SAVE 10% on all Music Orders. Spend at least $50 and you will receive 10% OFF your entire order.

Place SALE CODE "RECORD" into the COUPON CODE Section in the checkout screen of your order to receive savings.

* Discount only applies to new orders. Cannot be applied to existing orders.

There's also this previously-running tax-day sale from Elusive Disc that runs until midnight 4/18:
Quote:

To take advantage of this Sale, enter 'TAX RELIEF' in the Special Instructions field
of the Checkout Page when placing your order on our webstore.
The discount WILL NOT be reflected on our website.
We will download your order, adjust the price, and then bill your credit card the discounted price.

Apr 17, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #3 of 20
Used the last bit of my money on some vinyl today
smily_headphones1.gif

The Music should make me forget how poor i am now
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 18, 2010 at 2:54 AM Post #4 of 20
Anybody pick up any good special releases? The shop by didn't have the Budos Band/Sharon Jones split 7" I really wanted so I picked up the Bon Iver/Peter Gabriel 7".

Apr 18, 2010 at 3:50 AM Post #6 of 20
I picked up ....
The Black Keys – Howling For You 12″
Flaming Lips – Dark Side of the Moon LP
John Lennon – 7″ Singles Bag
Modest Mouse – The Moon and Antarctic 180g 2xLP
Rolling Stones – 7″

Apr 18, 2010 at 3:58 AM Post #7 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by RonMiller1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I picked up ....
The Black Keys – Howling For You 12″
Flaming Lips – Dark Side of the Moon LP
John Lennon – 7″ Singles Bag
Modest Mouse – The Moon and Antarctic 180g 2xLP
Rolling Stones – 7″

I got the Flaming Lips and the Modest Mouse too! i had the OP of the Moon & Antarctica but thought id pick up the new one while it was cheap
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 18, 2010 at 4:02 AM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deedsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got the Flaming Lips and the Modest Mouse too! i had the OP of the Moon & Antarctica but thought id pick up the new one while it was cheap
smily_headphones1.gif

I can't wait to give it a listen tomorrow. So far only had time to listen to Hendrix and Stones.

Apr 18, 2010 at 4:06 AM Post #9 of 20
Sorry, but I really don't care for the hype. Re-releases of stuff everybody already has and 7" vinyl with songs not good enough to put on a full CD or record? Pass. I don't collect for the sake of collecting.

Apr 18, 2010 at 4:07 AM Post #10 of 20
I pick up new music every Tuesday. I may order something tonight? New music is addicting!

Apr 18, 2010 at 4:21 AM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by RonMiller1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't wait to give it a listen tomorrow. So far only had time to listen to Hendrix and Stones.

Great listen, was the album that made me fall in love with the band.
smily_headphones1.gif
Was nice to hear it play through so smoothly, the OP can remain in better condition for those special occasions
wink_face.gif

Apr 18, 2010 at 1:56 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by btf1980 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hit up a bunch of local record shops with some friends for record store day. Here's what I picked up.

DSC_0005-72.jpg

Damn I wanted that Budos Band split soo bad but no dice. How is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back