Approx $30 headphones 3 choices need help
Nov 27, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #17 of 22
would the good people of head-fi recommend the m9 or the ttpod as my first IEMs? i have always been a earbud guy. i'll be running them un-amped with my sansa clip. i listen to all kinds of music but mostly rock (punk, indie, blues) and EDM (disco, electro, dubstep, glitch) and i enjoy a fun, punchy sound.

Nov 28, 2014 at 12:29 AM Post #18 of 22
  would the good people of head-fi recommend the m9 or the ttpod as my first IEMs? i have always been a earbud guy. i'll be running them un-amped with my sansa clip. i listen to all kinds of music but mostly rock (punk, indie, blues) and EDM (disco, electro, dubstep, glitch) and i enjoy a fun, punchy sound.

I would personally recommend the M9 Classic. Why? First of all, it's about 1/3rd the price of the TTPod. Second, IMO they do more genres better. Third, "punchy" more accurately describes the M9 than the TTPod, which is more basshead-friendly stuff. 

Nov 30, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #19 of 22
  Doesn't everyone? Practically all the new Chinese brands, from no-name brands (KZ) to actually-known-in-China branded IEMs (TTPod) are better than Pistons. 

I still disagree with you. The Pistons, especially for $20 are really good. Especially handy if you have an Android phone or tablet that works with the controls. Almost all do with the exception of the Moto G and a few others.

thatBeatsguy not sure if I asked you, how many pairs of Pistons did you try?

Nov 30, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #20 of 22

I still disagree with you. The Pistons, especially for $20 are really good. Especially handy if you have an Android phone or tablet that works with the controls. Almost all do with the exception of the Moto G and a few others.

thatBeatsguy not sure if I asked you, how many pairs of Pistons did you try?

I was being sarcastic. Too many people on the Chinese brand thread and the Pistons thread (including the Pistons 2.0 thread that I started) have argued with me time and time again about how the Pistons pale in comparison to other stuff like KZ IEMs and the TTPods.

I know they sound good -- hell, I started the f'ing hype train, for crying out loud. They still remain my favoriet budget IEMs to date, but seeing as so many people are saying they suck and whatnot, I thought I should just go with the flow, I guess. No need to fight a losing battle.

Also, it seems recommending the Pistons will probably bring about a detractor or a full-blown hater to the scene, so I thought it'd be best that I refrain from doing so. Again, let me just say this -- the Pistons are my favorite IEMs. Ever

If you must know, I've tried only two pairs -- the old 2.0 version and the iF Edition 2.1. I plan to purchase another one for old times' sake.

Nov 30, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #21 of 22
  thanks everyone,
went with the TTPOD
now the long wait for it to come from HK haha

Your going to love them! I also have the Vsonic GR07 Classic and the TTPOD are good enough for most music that I listen to!

The TTPOD's include a good assortment of tips, and odds are one of them will work for you. But if you can't get adequate fit or sound isolation check out:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/743579/ttpod-t1-tips-thread

Dec 1, 2014 at 4:19 AM Post #22 of 22
I also have ordered TTPOD from Shenzhenaudio. This is my first ever international purchase and dunno how much time will it take to get here in India...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back