Approx $30 headphones 3 choices need help
Nov 26, 2014 at 10:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

shoebox

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

dealextreme has a $10 off $30 code for black friday (limited quantities remain ~500 at time of posting, although they release 3,000 codes per day so check back tomorrow if they are gone!)
http://www.dx.com/Event/2014blackfriday/index?utm_source=dx&utm_medium=homerotate&utm_campagin=EN2014blackfridaygc
filtering through their $30 headphones i found 3 that may be worth buying:
I know the TTPOD has had great reviews in the IEM forum
innerfidelity gave the philips tx2 a great review as well
and JVC seems to consistently make good quality headphones (especially the japan ones)

in terms of my preferences, i prefer cables down and bass-oriented headphones (pop/edm/house/rock music)

suggestions/recommendations? (open to other suggestion from the site. (they also have OSTRY KC06 (not KC06A) but i dont think these fit my cable-down style)

1. JVC HA-FR46-N Japan Series In-Ear Earphones - Bronze (3.5mm Plug / 120cm-cable)
    USD$ 35.60
  2. TTPOD T1-Enhanced High Quality 3.5mm Hi-Fi In-Ear Earphone - Transparent + Silver
    USD$ 36.11
  3. Philips In Ear Headphones with Mic Black TX2BK
    USD$ 36.11

Nov 26, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #4 of 22
Is that a legit site? If so I'm gonna do the ttpod myself, haven't heard them but people rave about them so hard to go wrong with those

Site has been around forever, reliable store for sure as long as you have no problems waiting around a month for shipping. 

But on really cheap items, they are so cheap that people don't mind waiting. 

However, DX has been known to sell some clone/fakes of various products but highly doubt factories are pumping out fake 
$30 earphones...so you should be good!

Nov 26, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #5 of 22
Site has been around forever, reliable store for sure as long as you have no problems waiting around a month for shipping. 

But on really cheap items, they are so cheap that people don't mind waiting. 

However, DX has been known to sell some clone/fakes of various products but highly doubt factories are pumping out fake 
$30 earphones...so you should be good!

Ud be surprised, cx300 and pistons are $30 iems that probably have more fake ones than real ones :frowning2:

Nov 26, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #6 of 22
Ud be surprised, cx300 and pistons are $30 iems that probably have more fake ones than real ones
frown.gif

I understand the Pistons have a huge amount of fake sellers, but the CX300 II? I honestly doubt that a lot.

Nov 27, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #8 of 22
Cx300 might be the most faked iem of all time. I bought 3 of them on amazon and they were all fake. There's videos and stuff on how to ID fake ones thats how I knew they were. So I just gave up on them

Oh. Well, I don't have a CX300, so I guess I really have no idea. Still, to OP, the TTPod is a pretty great choice for what he's looking for.

Nov 27, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #10 of 22
Cx300 might be the most faked iem of all time. I bought 3 of them on amazon and they were all fake. There's videos and stuff on how to ID fake ones thats how I knew they were. So I just gave up on them

Tis true...I remember the CX300 days. Used to have to surf various forums looking for info on which ebay sellers were selling legit versions!

Nov 27, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #12 of 22
from what i read on the TTPOD thread in the IEM forum it seems dealextreme can be trusted.

sounds like everyone is quite on the TTPOD here as as well.

I wasn't able to find any reviews or discussion on the JVC anywhere except jvc japan's website (probably a very new model) and a bit tempted to be one of the first to test and discuss it on.
JVC has a good reputation on this forum and I doubt the headphone would be a bad choice...

well the sale (code isnt valid) doesnt start for another 20 hours so i'll wait for some more reply and think about it a bit more.

thank you for the input thus far!!

p.s. i do agree with chello what chello has said the cx-300 was commonly faked simply due to its popularity back then when there were less options and a lot of manufacturers simply copied their style as it was the most well recognized IEM at the time
sort of like all the beats fake of today, also adding to this many other manufacturers like creative made headphones based on the cx-300.

Nov 27, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #13 of 22
from what i read on the TTPOD thread in the IEM forum it seems dealextreme can be trusted.

sounds like everyone is quite on the TTPOD here as as well.

I wasn't able to find any reviews or discussion on the JVC anywhere except jvc japan's website (probably a very new model) and a bit tempted to be one of the first to test and discuss it on.
JVC has a good reputation on this forum and I doubt the headphone would be a bad choice...

well the sale (code isnt valid) doesnt start for another 20 hours so i'll wait for some more reply and think about it a bit more.

thank you for the input thus far!!

p.s. i do agree with chello what chello has said the cx-300 was commonly faked simply due to its popularity back then when there were less options and a lot of manufacturers simply copied their style as it was the most well recognized IEM at the time
sort of like all the beats fake of today, also adding to this many other manufacturers like creative made headphones based on the cx-300.

The thing about the JVC that make me pause a bit, is that the model number is"HA-FRxx" which is in the same line as the old famous marshmallows HA-FR36, HA-FR37, and HA-FR41 which were a cheap budget entry level little headphone found in convenient locations. I think the JVC that get praise are the carbon nanotube ones. Ttpod gets consistent recommendations so that would definitely be the safer pick. But I'm all for some guiniea pig experimenting so get the JVC and maybe they can be a flavor of the month. I'll get the ttpod just because they look unique and supposedly sound good

Nov 27, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #15 of 22
  +1
i like them more than my fxt90 which was highly regarded by joker. i would also get these over the pistons because the amount of sound quality improvement you get is worth the extra couple of dollars.
imo i think ttpod has better price/performance than the pistons.

Doesn't everyone? Practically all the new Chinese brands, from no-name brands (KZ) to actually-known-in-China branded IEMs (TTPod) are better than Pistons. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back