Appreciate what you have in 2005
Jan 2, 2005 at 5:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Canman

Headphoneus Supremus
Sometimes it is necessary to take a step back and appreciate all that we normally take for granted. That is my new years resolution for 2005. This might seem insincere coming from a guy who is not lacking from material goods, but the truth is, no matter how much you have it is human nature to want more, to take it to the next step.

In this hobby, it is easy to let the obsessive compulsive nature take over. I am always interested in upgrades and new headphones and that is fun stuff. It keeps things exciting. But don’t forget to keep things in perspective. Enjoy the good qualities in the things that you have instead of looking for the bad. This makes life more enjoyable. Appreciating what you have now can help you save money for important things down the road like buying a house or funding a retirement plan.

Enjoy the music in 2005
biggrin.gif

--Brian

Jan 2, 2005 at 6:15 PM Post #2 of 5
at the end of everyday I pull out 10 things I did that day to be proud of, and 10 new things I thank for having. This always keeps me incheck of what I have and the real value of it.

the number one thing on my list is my life and all its good health, the second is family, third is always my friends (including the people of headfi, the fourth is my sponge like love for music..I just soke it up and enjoy.

the important thing I learned recently after thinking I couldnt really top my current setup is the real value music has on my life and how important it really is. I also was explaining my purchase of my equiment at a party recently and I basiclly described a "audiophile" in terms of how much the person loves music so much they will do anything and everything to improve the sound.

Jan 2, 2005 at 6:36 PM Post #3 of 5
I appreciate what I have. I do take things for granted at times, but I know I have it pretty good compared to others. And I'm grateful.

Jan 3, 2005 at 12:03 AM Post #5 of 5
amen to that...it only takes a moment to realize how good things are when they go bad..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back