Applying attributes to mp3's
Apr 11, 2003 at 6:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

NewSc2

500+ Head-Fier
what programs do you use to apply attributes to mp3's? (album, genre, etc.)

I want to move some mp3's over to my iPod, but they were ripped from wav's and not directly from the CD, so they lost all the album/year/genre information. I really want to figure out some decent way of organizing this, but so far all I can see is Winamp, and I don't want to go through 200+ mp3's naming each one's track/album.

Apr 11, 2003 at 10:53 PM Post #3 of 7
heh sorry, using WinXP here
frown.gif

Apr 12, 2003 at 2:56 AM Post #4 of 7
I use MP3/Tag Studio. Here is the link.

Once you figure it out, you can set MP3 tags directly or based on filenames and directory structure, and vice versa. Unregistered versions display some adware, but it's not really that obnoxious.

One nice feature is a Preview mode which will show you what the program is going to do before you execute the changes for real. Nice when you're using some feature for the first time.

I looked at a few different shareware and freeware programs and this is the best I found. I'd give it 3.5
smily_headphones1.gif
s out of 4.

Apr 12, 2003 at 5:09 AM Post #7 of 7
well, after looking through some advanced properties in Windows Explorer, I figured out I could just apply album names right there.

Track #, though, is different.. I have to go through each one and name them. I kind of wish there was just some spreadsheet-like program in which it can just list every property of an mp3, and I could just click somewhere and change the numbers, without having to right click, click a few more places, and change hundreds of track numbers.

I'll look into the aforementioned programs
smily_headphones1.gif
thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back