Apple - Wrong product delivered, no Apple packaging, iPod in a plastic bag!
Jun 29, 2007 at 11:28 AM Post #16 of 34
Everything I have ever received from apple is professional boxed (whether refurbed or new) and securely packaged. Sounds like someone along the line picked up a new ipod. It also sounds like Apple is adequately addressing the situation- I am sure there are lots of people who fraudulently claim to have "lost their ipods in shipping." In any case, sounds like your problem will be resolved, although I'd probably be frustrated too.

Jun 29, 2007 at 2:02 PM Post #19 of 34
apple support has always been horrible, they dont cover battery defects,
they have no problem giving you a refusbished product when you paid for a new one, they allready had several lawsuites thanks to the grand ipod build quality, we should all thank foxconn for that, a company whos motto is "if it dosnt work, it dosnt matter, we make 3 for the price of 1"

and the problem is that apple users swallow, they take this abuse and come back for more becuase its "not about the product, its about the phylosophy" and apple has some kind of semi religius status

i say screw the philosophy, i want mine to work,

Jun 29, 2007 at 4:37 PM Post #20 of 34
Mine works
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 29, 2007 at 6:57 PM Post #21 of 34
Seems to me that someone -- either Apple or FedEx -- screwed up, and that Apple is taking care of the problem no questions asked. If Apple did send out the iPod and it got switched out along the way, Apple has no way of knowing whether you are just trying to get two iPod videos for the price of one + an old nano.

I understand your frustration, as I too would be frustrated, but not your anger with Apple.

Jun 30, 2007 at 12:44 AM Post #22 of 34
Guys,

Apple came through for me. Last night, I emailed Steve Jobs in an attempt to resolve the situation. Today, an Apple representative called me in regards to the situation. He stated that he had been investigating and had narrowed it down to the FedEx center. Apparently, as many of you suggested, an employee switched out his old iPod Nano with my new iPod Video. Luckily, Apple can track the guy via the serial number on the iPod. They'll report to FedEx. Hopefully he is disciplined.

I feel as though Apple has worked hard to make amends. I have never been more impressed by a company's customer service.

Jun 30, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #24 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hajime /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He stated that he had been investigating and had narrowed it down to the FedEx center. Apparently, as many of you suggested, an employee switched out his old iPod Nano with my new iPod Video. Luckily, Apple can track the guy via the serial number on the iPod. They'll report to FedEx. Hopefully he is disciplined.

See, told ya. Glad everything worked out.

Jun 30, 2007 at 2:23 AM Post #25 of 34
sucky story. Cant beleive someone would do such a thing

Jul 4, 2007 at 12:52 AM Post #28 of 34
Just an update - I received the replacement iPod today. It's quite attractive. As I said before, I got the 30GB video iPod in black.

My portable/commuting system is coming together!

On a really positive note, fellow Head-Fi member and longtime friend Doug (ServingInEcuador) offered to give me his Ultimate Ears SuperFi 5 Pro's. Doug knew that I was going to purchase some earphones and offered to give me the SuperFi's as a gift. What an amazing guy! It's folks like him that make the forums a real community. Thank you, Doug!

Jul 4, 2007 at 10:34 PM Post #29 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
apple support has always been horrible, they dont cover battery defects,
they have no problem giving you a refusbished product when you paid for a new one, they allready had several lawsuites thanks to the grand ipod build quality, we should all thank foxconn for that, a company whos motto is "if it dosnt work, it dosnt matter, we make 3 for the price of 1"

and the problem is that apple users swallow, they take this abuse and come back for more becuase its "not about the product, its about the phylosophy" and apple has some kind of semi religius status

i say screw the philosophy, i want mine to work,

Yikes, Apple is one of the few companies that goes through pains to design packaging of their goods from the least expensive to the most expensive with great care and even perfection. From a service/support standpoint they are above average according to most consumer advocacy groups like the consumers union. Every successful company get sued in the U.S. because our society relies so heavily on the judicial system and rewards unfathomable claims. The good thing is that companies (like Apple) are rewarded for their innovation & quality with repeat customers. I like Apple and I do not work for them but I work in a PC dominated industry where the strengths of Apple are badly needed.

Where would mobile music be today without the ipod? Honest Apple haters still admit that Apple has raised the bar in many niches and that has been good for the consumer.

Jul 5, 2007 at 4:20 PM Post #30 of 34
I can only imagine that Aevum must have had a really bad experience. Generally speaking Apple's product support has always been very good to me. When my Laptop battery went bad after 4 months the official Apple store I went to basically took a brand new one off the shelf and handed it to me apologizing that I had battery issues.

The only times I've ever had troubles with an Apple product otherwise have been when I dropped my iPod while the hard drive was spinning up. The drive didn't survive its collision with the concrete (hardly Apple's fault).

Also a lot of the shipping companies have theft problems, and have had them for quite some time. The first PowerBook I bought (in 1997) was stolen twice in transit from Apple to my home (probably by a UPS guy in the chain somewhere). The third time Apple shipped out a new one it came with a security guard. Was kind of funny actually but I never paid an extra cent. And I suspect Apple was out three laptops after having only been paid for one by me.

And as dmk mentions Apple's support routinely scores higher than most other tech companies. Consumer reports just rated them and Lenovo's thinkpad devision as the highest for computer support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back