Apple - Wrong product delivered, no Apple packaging, iPod in a plastic bag!
Jun 29, 2007 at 12:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

Hajime

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm sharing this story because it makes me unbelievably angry. By sharing it, I hope to work out some of that anger.

I ordered a new iMac as part of Apple's back to school program. The promotion allowed me to purchase an iPod 30Gb Video for $50 after the rebate. I went along with it and purchased the iPod.

Both the computer and iPod were supposed to be delivered yesterday. I tracked the packages online via FedEx's website. At approximately 11:00 FedEx tracking stated my address didn't exist and the driver could not deliver my package. This was odd to me seeing as how my father's business, a frequent customer of FedEx with custom FedEx address labels and the works, is located at the same address. I had to drive out to the FedEx shipping center to pick up my iMac and iPod. This put me in a lovely mood, as I'm sure you can imagine.

Today, I opened the box that should have contained the iPod. Within, I found two plastic bags. One contained a scratched iPod Nano. The other contained a group of accessories and a CD. They were loose in the FedEx box.

I obviously called Apple support right away. The apologized and are allowing me (allowing me?) to return the iPod for an exchange. I have to wait until they receive the iPod they sent me before they mail the iPod I ordered.

I am livid with anger! The iPod was quite literally rattling around in the FedEx box it was shipped in. The iPod was in a plastic bag - the type you might purchase in a dollar store. Unbelievable.

Jun 29, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #2 of 34
That sucks man.
Hope you get it resolved properly and quickly
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 29, 2007 at 1:01 AM Post #3 of 34
Any chance somewhere along the line someone swapped out the video for a nano, hoping the average consumer wouldn't notice?

Jun 29, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #6 of 34
hows the iMac though?

Jun 29, 2007 at 4:48 AM Post #11 of 34
For the apple warranty, they don't make you pay for shipping.
Hopefully you'll get the same deal.
GL

Jun 29, 2007 at 5:06 AM Post #12 of 34
Sorry you went through this. It must suck, but to keep things in perspective shouldn't you reserve "livid with anger" and "unbelievable" for those times a company won't take responsibility and try to fix the problem?

Jun 29, 2007 at 6:26 AM Post #14 of 34
Sorry, but shouldn't you be blaming fedex instead? I mean it's already fishy enough that that particular fedex driver couldn't "find" your address. I've had had packages "missing," and all of those times, the blame is on the courrier (gave package to somebody else, misdelivered package to la-la land, etc). It does take time to get replacement shipment from the sellers, since they want to make sure that people aren't doing false claims. I'm sure Apple will fix the problem. Just be patient. Being angry won't help. If I were you, I would be venting at fedex.

Jun 29, 2007 at 10:52 AM Post #15 of 34
Blessing,

Being angry as my immediate response. I have not had a good week and this tipped me over the edge. Both you and Pata are right in that I should be calm and patient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back