Apple wins appeal in earbud hearing-loss lawsuit.
Jan 4, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #2 of 14
An interesting case. It seems that apple, by making the word 'iPod' synonymous with 'mp3 player' has become the fall-guy for any problems with the technology as a whole.

Jan 4, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That judge should have been over the case of the person who got burnt and sue after placing a freshly brewed cup of coffee between their legs.

Agreed.

America is a sue happy society. Everyone sues anyone for any form of compensation. It's quite sad actually.

Jan 4, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #6 of 14
"In addition to money damages, the suit wanted a judge to require that Apple improve and provide better earphones, offer disclosures and test iPod users for hearing loss."

I agree with providing better earphones or earbuds but the rest is just a pipe dream.

Jan 4, 2010 at 11:28 PM Post #8 of 14
People suing over self inflicted hearing damage.
confused_face_2.gif
I'm glad Apple won that case.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_McBob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm guessing you've never actually researched the facts of the legal case to which you're referring.

Liebeck v. McDonald's Restaurants - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Even after that, I still think that case was a load of crap. Coffee is a hot drink and should be served hot. Now if the lid was fitted incorrectly, I can understand why she would sue McDonalds. This incident was of her own fault and the rest of us have to pay for it by making it nearly impossible to find a cup of coffee that is served at a high temperature.

Jan 4, 2010 at 11:33 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by XxATOLxX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
confused_face_2.gif

Even after that, I still think that case was a load of crap. Coffee is a hot drink and should be served hot. Now if the lid was fitted incorrectly, I can understand why she would sue McDonalds. This incident was of her own fault and the rest of us have to pay for it by making it nearly impossible to find a cup of coffee that is served at the high temperature temperature.

Didn't a lady sue wal-mart for slipping and injuring herself in front of the department store and won a substantial amount of money?

Jan 5, 2010 at 1:14 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_McBob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm guessing you've never actually researched the facts of the legal case to which you're referring.

Liebeck v. McDonald's Restaurants - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes I had, no need for your "patronizing self righteous tone". I stand for what I wrote. While it is very sad what happened including her long recuperation it was self caused and we as a society have been paying for the mistakes/accidents of others.

Jan 5, 2010 at 6:17 AM Post #12 of 14
anyone have a link to the case where someone fell on toy on the floor while robbing someone's house, and sued the owners of the house? Or was it falling through a skylight? can't remember. That's really the worst one I've heard.

Glad that apple got away alright though, it would be sad if they had to limit the volume. People who listen so loud that the whole bus can hear have it coming.

Jan 5, 2010 at 8:23 AM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by XxATOLxX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
confused_face_2.gif

Even after that, I still think that case was a load of crap. Coffee is a hot drink and should be served hot. Now if the lid was fitted incorrectly, I can understand why she would sue McDonalds. This incident was of her own fault and the rest of us have to pay for it by making it nearly impossible to find a cup of coffee that is served at a high temperature.

I make my coffee by boiling the water so that it builds up enough pressure to push itself up through the coffee. I also make it by pouring water just off the boil on grounds. I make tea by pouring boiling water on the tea. Honestly, I do not see why McDonald's keeping their coffee at high temperatures is unreasonable or unexpected. At least the wiki notes that similar lawsuits against other companies and in other countries have been dismissed or lost.

Jan 5, 2010 at 9:44 AM Post #14 of 14
Apparently in America, stupidity + lawyers = huge cash payouts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back