Apple vs Competition : About Nano 6G
Apr 21, 2011 at 2:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

bendead

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone.

I'm surprised that famously SQ known company like Cowon, just to cite one, doesn't make a watch style MP3 player !

What do you think ?

Ben

Apr 21, 2011 at 2:53 PM Post #2 of 10
I've got the square clip-on touchpad ipod and although it's a novel design I find it's watch/touchpad features get boring after the original thrill.  Mine now serves as an untouched music storage device for my car's head unit.

Apr 21, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #3 of 10
Maybe it's just personal preferences.

For me, to control a 20 grams MP3 player with 500 lossless songs, on the forearm - watch style, feel far better and more natural, than having to manipulate a classic from my jeans pocket.

In ergonomic way, it kill everything.

But like all Apple audio product, you don't have setting you hope for and SQ even with LOD isn't so good.

So if Cowon make a sexy copy, i will buy it for sure.

Apr 21, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #4 of 10

Quote:

So if Cowon make a sexy copy, i will buy it for sure.

If Cowon makes a copy Apple will surely sue them. 
eek.gif

Apr 21, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #7 of 10
I don’t find it boring at all. I mean I just use it to play music, that's it. Its definitely the most convenient DAP I have ever owned, and I have owned quite a few. Its always there on my wrist, turning it on/off or adjusting volume becomes second nature and can be done in a split second. I run my headphone cable up my shirt sleeve and the phones out of my collar. No wires in the way, super stealthy.

Ultra portable convenience http://assets.head-fi.org/b/b1/b1a673e9_6g.JPG :)

This from someone who was never an ipod fan.

Jun 15, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #9 of 10
I might end up with this DAP as well, and this is also from someone who is never an ipod fan :D
Cool setup!

Quote:
I don’t find it boring at all. I mean I just use it to play music, that's it. Its definitely the most convenient DAP I have ever owned, and I have owned quite a few. Its always there on my wrist, turning it on/off or adjusting volume becomes second nature and can be done in a split second. I run my headphone cable up my shirt sleeve and the phones out of my collar. No wires in the way, super stealthy.

Ultra portable convenience http://assets.head-fi.org/b/b1/b1a673e9_6g.JPG
smily_headphones1.gif

This from someone who was never an ipod fan.

Jun 16, 2011 at 9:32 AM Post #10 of 10
I'll be honest and say that, though that looks convenient, I am not a fan of having things on my wrist. It is a fantastic idea though. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back