Apple Store Headphone Stands?
Jun 10, 2007 at 12:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

burnhamd

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone. I am very new to the whole headphone area just last summer did I realize that there were anything better than sony earbuds. Anyway here's my first post.
I was recently at a a apple store and noticed that they used pretty good looking stands to hold the headphones being displayed with the ipods. Anyone know of a similar stand or where to buy this exact one? Im trying to become more organized as I hate the nest that my headphones are starting to turn into. Right now I'm working on a combination of some metal stand (like the bannana stands) and a wooden base with an ipod dock built-in. Anyway my first post has become too long. Here is the stand that I saw, though it isn't my image.
256623231_e29cbda256.jpg

Jun 10, 2007 at 1:59 AM Post #2 of 11
Welcome to Head-Fi Burnhamd! Sorry about your wallet!

Yeah, those headphone stands are sweet. I'd like to know where to get something like that too. But it looks like something they fabricated for their own use, along with those iPod holders. Hopefully someone here can chime in on a source for those stands though.

Jun 10, 2007 at 2:06 AM Post #3 of 11
Turns out that I will be going to Atlanta tomorrow on the way to NC. Ill stop by the apple store and see if i cant buy an extra. Or maybe just steal one
evil_smiley.gif
wink.gif
. Ill doubt anyone will know anything about them but Ill see what I can do.

Jun 10, 2007 at 2:15 AM Post #5 of 11
Jun 10, 2007 at 4:00 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by burnhamd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
actually I own that stand. Just picked it up this weekend.

What do you think? HOw does it hold the band? It looks like it may crunch it a bit. Would you recommend?

Jun 10, 2007 at 4:30 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you think? HOw does it hold the band? It looks like it may crunch it a bit. Would you recommend?

The stand looks pretty good. I plan to cut it up but freestanding it looks fine. The hook is larg enough to hold my Sennheiser headband but I am worried about an indention in the foam from long term use (though I have seen no change during the last couple of days i have used it) But as the old cliche states a picture is worth more than words and I have taken some for you. My Nikon D40's battery is charging so I used an old camera which is why the pictures are less than perfect in quality.
P1010026.JPG

P1010029.JPG

P1010030.JPG

P1010028.JPG

The last one I was trying to capture where the metal sinks into the foam.

Jun 11, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #11 of 11
So I went to the apple store today and using all forms of persuasion I could think of I tried to woo a stand away from the store. I was quickly informed that I could not take one and that they were custom fabricated for apple and that they had just enough for the displays in the store. So I will probably end up using a banana hook or that woo audio stand will a custom wooden base. Any of you have any interesting ideas or other sources for this kind of stuff? I know about Headphile and stax stands maybe something different?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back