Apple Store + broken 5G = Good Juju
Feb 3, 2006 at 10:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Lightnin Joe

Head-Fier
The "Hold" slider switch broke on my 5G, 2 months old. It essentially recessed into the case. Packed everything up into the box, printed the e-receipt from Apple.com, and went down to the Apple Store. The guy took one look, filled out a form, grabbed a new 5G off the shelf, and sent me on my way. Can't complain about that!
580smile.gif

Feb 3, 2006 at 11:09 PM Post #4 of 7
my ipod has two blown pixels OUT of the box. Also it always seems to freeze when i switch sounds and stuff, not at all like the older ipod i had. It freezes sometimes a second or two into a song and has to catch up, and the menue freezes a lot aswell. Basically it's acting like a computer without enough ram at points. It runs ok most of the time, but just does that and its so annoying. I wonder if this is a problem just with 5g ipods or just mine? Do you guys have that problem. I was thinking of printing my receipt and taking mine into the apple store for a new one too, but i dont know how they would act about the two pixels being blown, you can only tell on a black or other dark screen.

Feb 4, 2006 at 12:21 AM Post #5 of 7
Print it up, package it up, take it in. What do you have to lose? Sounds like you have a lemon. Neither my original 5G nor the replacement have had any such problems. Could have bad contacts, funky ARM processor, funky Flash, who knows? Like I said, what do you have to lose by taking it in?

Feb 4, 2006 at 12:59 AM Post #7 of 7
Antbody know what they would do, if you purchased from another vendor other than apple?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back