Apple Music Lossless...
Apr 27, 2023 at 3:29 PM Post #16 of 18
I'd definitely prefer a bit of a glitch at the start of an album over the start of a song.

I really enjoy Apple products in general, but how difficult could it be to provide a legitimate update to iTunes or Apple Music for Windows based computers that account for like 80% of the marketshare at least. With a ~150gb library on iTunes I had to spend like 4 hours trying to update it on Windows 10, three hours trying to sync my iPhone for a backup/savepoint/restore after that, and it still crashes post "update". It's rather detracting mores than enticing me from switching to their ecosystem at this point. If anyone finds a way to get Lossless Apple Music on PC that isn't a complete cluster-F I'll donate to their charity, lol.

Agreed.

The current Windows 11 app is a “Preview” but it isn’t like the people make these apps have not done it before.

The current version is such a poor user experience it almost seems like they have made it bad intentionally.

Alternatively of course I simply have no idea how hard it is to come up with a really polished app like Apple usually do.

Apr 27, 2023 at 6:45 PM Post #17 of 18
Haven't used it so IDK. But as i understood that post and its description, its contrary to what you have said (not bitperfect).
I have JRiver and used it, it is a bitperfect as the source you map into it. But you can always try and prove me wrong.

Apr 27, 2023 at 8:13 PM Post #18 of 18
Background, I'm on a Windows PC - I want to use Apple Music with Lossless, but I do not want to put my amp/dac on an apple computer unless I can still play audio through my main Windows PC.

I have a main Windows PC that I use for gaming regularly and enjoy the benefits of a quality sound system with that. I also am getting fed up with Tidal deleting or greying out my favorite tracks... So I'm thinking about investing in a Mac Mini or Mac something to get Lossless Apple Music with.

Any recommendations ideas or suggestions?

Current Chain: RME ADI 2 Dac with Ferrum Hypsos/Oor Amp and Hifiman Susvara's
Web version works fine with Edge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back