Apple-Music-Electron 3.0 now has support for lossless on Windows/Linux!
Nov 22, 2021 at 4:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

xeizo

500+ Head-Fier
https://github.com/apple-music-electron/apple-music-electron/releases/tag/v3.0.0

Very nice, as Apple Music is currently the cheapest lossless music streaming alternative, since Amazon Unlimited doesn't provide lossless in most regions around the world and certainly not mine. And you get some TV-shows for the price too, as Apple TV+ is included in the subscription.

Neither Apples own client nor iTunes stream lossless on Windows/Linux, and not through a browser, the Android client is the only one with support outside of Apples hardware ecosystem. That's where Apple-Music-Electron comes in, a noble effort and working well as far as I can tell.

Up until now I have worked around the restriction by streaming from Android to a Chromecast TV, which seemingly picks up the right stream and puts it out through a home theatre receiver via HDMI. It sounds very good anyway. But now I can use Apple Music on pretty much all of my devices. Streaming through my Tascam Model 12 mixer right now using balanced connection to my can amp, awesome :)

On Linux:
Sk%25C3%25A4rmbild%2Bfr%25C3%25A5n%2B2021-11-23%2B19-49-15.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back