Apple Magic Mouse-fi
Dec 10, 2009 at 6:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Pincher

100+ Head-Fier
I was using the standard Apple Mighty Mouse with my iMac and Mac Mini. I ordered the Magic Mouse and received it yesterday.

It's AWESOME. It's sooo smooth and looks so crap hot. At least go to an Apple store and try it.

Dec 10, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #3 of 18
It amazing except for the tracking speed....that is all
biggrin.gif

Dec 10, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It amazing except for the tracking speed....that is all
biggrin.gif

Yeah, it's a little slower than the Mighty Mouse.

Dec 10, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #5 of 18
although my microsoft bluetooth mouse is really usefull, i much prefer the high sensitivity of my microsoft-habu wired mouse 2000DPI and 1000Hz polling rate

makes a lot of difference on a HD monitor

Dec 10, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
depends on ones hand I guess...for me the mouse itself it a little to small length wise...and I don't have big hands at all

i have tiny hands too but also like a longer mouse, never have liked the little ones!

Dec 10, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pincher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, it's a little slower than the Mighty Mouse.

I've used the Mighty Mouse before in a Mac lab on campus. Even with the sensitivity turned up it was aggravatingly slow. I shouldn't have to move the mouse more than an inch to go from one side of the display to the other.

Just one more reason why I set up my laptop in front of those machines and use it instead.

Dec 10, 2009 at 9:34 PM Post #12 of 18
I like the smaller size and the slim profile. I've gotten use to the slower tracking speed, and I use a 23" monitor with my Mac Mini. I guess mice are like headphones, different tastes for different people.

Dec 10, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #14 of 18
I love my magic mouse. The width is right, and I love the gesture scrolling. Its only a matter of time before applications will allow more integration.

Form factor is about right for me, I also would like it to be a few mm taller, but if you have your desk set up right, and your wrist is not bent holding the mouse, it works quite well. My desk at home does not have this feature, and I have not brought one there yet.

Dec 13, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by MCC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've used the Mighty Mouse before in a Mac lab on campus. Even with the sensitivity turned up it was aggravatingly slow. I shouldn't have to move the mouse more than an inch to go from one side of the display to the other.

Just one more reason why I set up my laptop in front of those machines and use it instead.

i've owned the mighty mouse, and the sensitivity turned up to the max is just absurd unless you're lazy to the point where you can't move a mouse 2-3 cm. sometimes the surface you're putting it on causes the lazer to not read movement well. I've recently upgraded to the magic mouse and i have to say this things design is freakin sleek. i have to admit it was a bit flat for me at first, but the touch scroll sold it for me, and over time i didn't even notice. and my hands are huge. (i can easily grip a basketball.) Also if you're looking for a gaming mouse this also isn't a great idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back