apple lossless directly to outboard hard drive
Mar 17, 2006 at 12:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

granodemostasa

Headphoneus Supremus
sorry to start to many threads but:
I want to burn on apple lossless directly to an external hard drive.... no moving the files after they are burned. Can i do this and how?

Mar 17, 2006 at 12:14 AM Post #2 of 6
I am lousy at this stuff, but do you mean you want to rip music into your iTunes using ALAC and keep the library on an external drive? If so, then you just have to set up your iTunes to save to that drive. That is how our system is set up right now. Sorry if I misunderstood your question.

Mar 17, 2006 at 12:26 AM Post #3 of 6
You can / should use MAX. It's a free shareware program that uses CD Paranoia code and is getting close to the features and accuracy of EAC, but it's for mac. You can do Apple Lossless files AND separate mp3s if you want them for a ipod or something at the same time. I know you can setup how and where you want your files saved.

http://sbooth.org/Max/

It's great.

Mar 17, 2006 at 12:45 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by ckunstadt
You can / should use MAX. It's a free shareware program that uses CD Paranoia code and is getting close to the features and accuracy of EAC, but it's for mac. You can do Apple Lossless files AND separate mp3s if you want them for a ipod or something at the same time. I know you can setup how and where you want your files saved.

http://sbooth.org/Max/

It's great.

Thanks for that link. How does MAX integrate with iTunes? Do you set MAX as the ripping software, but it puts the files into your iTunes folder(s)? do you think that MAX can save a FLAC file in one folder and some iTunes-compatible file in the iTunes folder? I am trying to figure out a way to use Squeezebox3 more efficiently and if I were able to point the SlimServer to a file of FLACs separate from the iTunes folder, then I would avoid some transcoding issues and might avoid some problems I am experiencing now. Thanks for any input you might have, but I will also follow the link again and try the program.

Mar 17, 2006 at 12:52 AM Post #5 of 6
in itunes click on
edit
then preferences
then advanced
then general
in that box you see itune music folder location
click on change
find you drive and double click on it
(one little surprise if you hook up you drive to another computer you can move those file to that comp )but ididnt tell you that
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back