Apple launches '1 Billion App Countdown' promotion
Apr 10, 2009 at 1:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 54

thechungster

1000+ Head-Fier

Apple today launched a 1 Billion App Countdown promotion, offering the opportunity for users to enter to win a package of prizes valued at over $13,000.
As of today, nearly one billion apps have been downloaded around the globe. So we just want to say thanks — a billion. Download an app and you’ll automatically get the chance to win a $10,000 iTunes Gift Card, an iPod touch, a Time Capsule, and a MacBook Pro. Just go to the iTunes Store, browse the App Store, and download your best app yet.

Entries are limited to users 13 years and older from participating countries. Users are limited to 25 entries per day, and the contest closes when the billionth app is downloaded.

Apple offered similar promotions to mark 100 million (2004) and 1 billion (2006) iTunes song downloads.

Source: MacRumors
So let's say you win that $10,000 iTunes gift card... Might as well sell it for money and use it to buy more equipment!
biggrin.gif

Apr 11, 2009 at 6:40 AM Post #4 of 54
For Past one month i havent been able to add a single song to my ipod...with the latest version of iTunes...it keeps crashing or freezing up.

screw you apple..first improve your program

Apr 11, 2009 at 10:37 AM Post #5 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For Past one month i havent been able to add a single song to my ipod...with the latest version of iTunes...it keeps crashing or freezing up.

screw you apple..first improve your program

It's prefectly fine for me... well I'm on a Mac. Apple did a terrible job porting iTunes onto Windows.

But you can enter via this form here: Apple - iTunes - 1 Billion App Countdown - Alternative Entry Form

Apr 11, 2009 at 10:48 AM Post #6 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I experience no such problem.
confused.gif

Apr 11, 2009 at 11:43 AM Post #9 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by MCC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any way to enter without "infecting" my computer with iTunes?

I feel exactly the same with infecting your computer. That is really the one thing why I choose not to use Apple..

Apr 11, 2009 at 1:07 PM Post #11 of 54
the newer version of iTunes is really bad...almost unusable.

on all my 3 PC's..1 desktop and 2 dual core laptops

should i sue apple?

Apr 11, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #13 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by gadgetman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL
Diss itunes but still joins the promotion?
That's precious
biggrin.gif

Free stuff is always good. If my prize is only usable on iTunes I'll install their software in a VM so it doesn't touch my actual machine.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 11, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #14 of 54
I just downloaded about 15 free apps yesterday. In about 3 years I've had iTunes crash once. Not a big deal because I don't rely on iTunes to keep my music organized. Other than that one crash I don't have any problems with it using Vista.

Apr 11, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #15 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wonder what the creator of the billionth app gets.

lol, the world will never know.. the name of this thread implys there are nearly a billion apps but no, its a billion downloads! wooohooo.. hrrr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back