Apple iPod stock buds appreciation thread
Feb 14, 2006 at 10:29 PM Post #16 of 41
Their actual price as service parts is around $6.50! So they are actually quite decent considering the price!

Feb 14, 2006 at 10:30 PM Post #17 of 41
My ears appreciate me not owning them anymore.
biggrin.gif

Feb 14, 2006 at 10:32 PM Post #19 of 41
They're not bad for the gym.

Feb 14, 2006 at 10:36 PM Post #20 of 41
Um, whatever, even my friends who could care less about audio quality think they sound like crap. They make my ears hurt they are so harsh. I use them only for watching web clips on my laptop, and that mainly because my laptop's headphone jack has a pretty bad DC offset I'd rather not risk damaging better headphones with.

Feb 14, 2006 at 10:38 PM Post #21 of 41
They protected my ears because I never wanted to listen to them at high volume (dissstortion).

After breaking 3 of them, they made me join Head-Fi so I thought I should give them some credit.
biggrin.gif

Feb 15, 2006 at 2:17 AM Post #22 of 41
As I wrote here, For stock I think they are pretty decent, especially the the 5G ones. Apple seems to upgrade it everytime they release a new iPod. The 3G, 5G, G2Mini all had different iBuds.

Feb 15, 2006 at 2:49 AM Post #24 of 41
I love how some consumers last year wanted them so badly because they were white iPod earphones. I was able to sell a couple of unopened stock earbuds on ebay raking in $25-34 per pair multiple times.
k1000smile.gif

Feb 15, 2006 at 2:56 AM Post #25 of 41
People who say that they are "free" with your ipod don't seem to understand that they are included in the price of the ipod. But besides that, they are generally good stock headphones. the only other company that provides better stocked headphones are iRiver(from my understanding), which provides Senheisser mx300's.

Feb 15, 2006 at 3:17 AM Post #26 of 41
For stock earbuds, they aren't that bad. It's just that if I were to choose between listening to them and not listening to them, I would choose the latter.
k1000smile.gif

Feb 15, 2006 at 3:41 AM Post #27 of 41
Heh, and here I thought I wasthe only one.

SR60's are owned by my wife. The KSC 35's can't fit under my toque and the Grado portables aren't out yet. Have I invested in any other "bud" phone? No. I am waiting on the Grados...so I use the iPod earbuds for kicks. They do okay. They have a clear midrange. The highs are their and if using lossless files, aren't too bad up top. The bass is anemic but detailed. I can follow the notes, though there is rolloff at some point. Still, not too bad for freebies. I prefered my Sennheisers that came with my Rio Karma, but when that died, the Senns went back in the package for the refund. Still, I've yet to feel truly driven to buy other phones, save for the lemming thing.. you know...being one of a zillion wearing white earduds
wink.gif

Feb 15, 2006 at 3:46 AM Post #28 of 41
This is gonna sound strange and most headfiers will probably laugh. but I don't find the ipod earduds as bad as people make it out to be. It has a non offensive sound, bit of a dull sound but I can still relatively enjoy the music with them.

Not everyone can afford custom IEMs or have IEMs which go in the ear canal (yuck)

Feb 15, 2006 at 4:35 AM Post #30 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ampl1tude
People who say that they are "free" with your ipod don't seem to understand that they are included in the price of the ipod. But besides that, they are generally good stock headphones. the only other company that provides better stocked headphones are iRiver(from my understanding), which provides Senheisser mx300's.

i wish i could have refused the buds and opted for an actual wall charger without having to pay 20-30$

Users who are viewing this thread

Back