Apple Inears vs Creative EP-630
Mar 25, 2006 at 8:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

riker1384

100+ Head-Fier
I want some in-ears that sound better than my Sonys but I'm not sure about spending $80 on something I can't return. People here have recommended the Creative EP-630. Has anyone compared this to the Apple In-Ear phones? I was about to buy the Creatives but then I remembered that Apple makes those too. Do the Apples have a decent sound with no major offensive qualities?

Mar 25, 2006 at 10:46 PM Post #2 of 5
Avoid the Apple In-Ears at all costs. The sound is incredibly "tinny", with hardly any bass at all. Even the iPod buds have better sound. Plus they don't even isolate that well. I can't believe Apple gets away with selling these for $40.

The Creatives on the other hand are a little bass heavy, but their sound is a lot more balanced than the Apple In-Ears or Sony EX series. The isolation is pretty decent too. Probably the best IEM you can get under $50. You also might want to look into the Sennheiser CX300. I hear that they are a bit more "refined" than the EP-630, but I can't comment since I haven't heard them.

Mar 25, 2006 at 10:51 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by tmimp
Avoid the Apple In-Ears at all costs. The sound is incredibly "tinny", with hardly any bass at all. Even the iPod buds have better sound. Plus they don't even isolate that well. I can't believe Apple gets away with selling these for $40.

The Creatives on the other hand are a little bass heavy, but their sound is a lot more balanced than the Apple In-Ears or Sony EX series. The isolation is pretty decent too. Probably the best IEM you can get under $50. You also might want to look into the Sennheiser CX300. I hear that they are a bit more "refined" than the EP-630, but I can't comment since I haven't heard them.

I think that sound was the result of you not getting a good seal with the Apples... I found them to be bassy and completely muddy. They're pretty unlistenable, we can definitely agree on that.

Mar 25, 2006 at 11:00 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
I think that sound was the result of you not getting a good seal with the Apples... I found them to be bassy and completely muddy. They're pretty unlistenable, we can definitely agree on that.

Could be. The Apple In-Ears were my first IEMs. Haven't tried listening to them in years though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back