Apple IEMs
Mar 24, 2009 at 10:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

1audioz

100+ Head-Fier
They look fairly cheap @ 109 AUD...will they work with my 80GB iPod Classic?

As in the volume controls and all...

Mar 24, 2009 at 12:01 PM Post #3 of 7
Actually, koven, I think you're wrong, on both counts.
smily_headphones1.gif

The controls will only work on the latest classic and on the touch. Not on the last version of the classic, which is what he has.

And I own them and think they actually sound pretty good. You obviously have a different opinion.

Mar 24, 2009 at 1:36 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, koven, I think you're wrong, on both counts.
smily_headphones1.gif

The controls will only work on the latest classic and on the touch. Not on the last version of the classic, which is what he has.

And I own them and think they actually sound pretty good. You obviously have a different opinion.

Please clarify what you define as good. I've also been interested in the apple iems. How is the bass and clarity?

Mar 24, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #6 of 7
I have just recieved my NE-7M's and they work great with my 2nd Gen Ipod Touch. They have great bass and their overal sound signature is very nice, with good mids and clear highs with no sibilince on the highs. They are driven very well by my Ipod (I can listen to most music very comfortably at about 1/3 volume while still having reasonable bass response. They also have EXCELLENT noise isolation. As for their controls, they have no volume but I can turn off music with the mic button and do FF etc. All of the reviews I read about the Apple IEM suggest that it's bass is pretty weak which is why I wasn't willing to take a chance on them, especially for $90, whereas the NE-7M is only $50 from Amazon and they offer a 30 day money back guarantee if your not happy with them. (I won't be returning mine anytime soon BTW
atsmile.gif
)

Mar 24, 2009 at 11:06 PM Post #7 of 7
I read a review when they first came out a while back. From what I remember, they are a colder, darker IEM. They have good SQ, but you could spend the same money somewhere else and get better.

The remote won't work for your player, but if you get another player that works with it, it might be worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back